Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, no pictures yet. [:(]

Got my Hofele grill in the mail yesterday and immediatly installed it on my '03 SVT, despite the instructions being in German. Took the olf grill off, took off the center Euro bracket off the middle of the Hofele, and mounted it. Went in fairly well, although there's just a bit more of a gap at the bottom than the stock SVT had.

The query here is in the middle. There appears to be a forward facing "cone" just behind were the Ford emblem was. It literally touches the Hofele on the backside and is quite visible due to the fact my car is CD-Silver. The "cone", as I'm putting it, has two screws on other side that I assume a hoodlock would attach to. Its one piece with the hood latch mechanism and there doesn't appear to be any way to take it off.

Should I:

- Cut off the tip of the "cone" so its not right up against my grill?
- Paint the cone black so it blends in better?
- Another option?

I'll try to post pictures tonight.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
I also have a CD Silver Focus and I encountered this problem. I just masked everything off and painted the "cone" a flat black and now everything looks alot better.

When I installed my Hofele Grille, I didn't have any trouble with the grille actually touching the "cone". I probably have about 1/8" - 1/4" clearance and the gap that I had between the grille and the hood is nearly gone now.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Took my Hofele off tonight and looked it over. Decided, yeah...why not? So I got out my trusty woodsaw and, with a guard for the bumper, cut off the nipple/cone/whatever off the front. Sanded it down and then painted it flat black. Put my Hofele back on and....WOW!! Unfortunatly its now too dark for pics, but WOW!

I'm in love!

The irony is my wife walks out and asks what the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* I am doing taking a woodsaw to my new car. I smile and said, in Foxworthy tone of course:

"If you've ever taken a woodsaw to a brand new car your still making payments on...you might be a *******."

Naturally she proceeded to enter it on Jeff Foxworthy's site for ******* joke submissions. I'll laugh my bum off it appears on his next comedy tour.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Good deal! I'm glad you were able to work something out. I also bought the European Lower Grille to go with the Hofele Grille, but I needed to paint the lower grille a high gloss black so that it would better match the Hofele. I finally got everything finished today and I really, really love how it looks.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts