Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to think that this tranny is going to be giving me more problems...I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back I came on and said I blew my slave cylinder (clutch). Well, last night, I was driving home, just like I was the other time, and BAM! NO CLUTCH YET AGAIN! [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ING FORD! It's really making me mad. And since it's LABOR DAY weekend, ford is closed..bastards.

anyways, I'm not liking my car anymore. Specially if it's going to keep giving me the same problem. It's really frustrating. Now I have to drive an Automatic Mustang. (It's not that bad, but still, I love my 5Speed). Well, I'll be out of a car for 3-5 Days. Has anyone else had a problem with their slave cylinder going out on an '05-'06 Focus?

I think after it get's done, i'm going to ask the dealer if they have anything else on the lot that's cheaper and used, maybe I can get away from this Focus. Because right now, I'm not liking my ford anymore. I think I'm going to go buy a different car. Something that has a better clutch assy. in it. anyways..talk to you all laters. Pzout.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
watch them blame it on your muffler.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They can't. Muffler or lowering springs had nothing to do with the slave going out. I wasn't hard on it, I was driving it normal because it was raining and there were alot of cops around.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
NIR Panther Jedi said:
They can't. Muffler or lowering springs had nothing to do with the slave going out. I wasn't hard on it, I was driving it normal because it was raining and there were alot of cops around.
if you read your warranty manual it states. "any modification such as intakes or exhuasts can void your new car warranty"

magnuson-moss or w/e b.s. it's called states that, a manufacture can't void your warranty unless stated. and ford does state it. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
take everything off and make it stock thats ur last thing to do but thats what i would do if i had cai and exhaust lol i think im in a pickle i got rid of stock system. but i work a ford dealer so i can talk to some of the techs.

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
u deff need to take off the headers if u have any and then get it to the dealer...exhaust aint going to do anything to that part of the warrenty...i had my clutch go out once and then tranny went out and then they replaced it...and mines an 05 and had tranny repaired 3 times before it was replaced..3 tow bills and finally i think they got it fixed after they installed a new tranny,,

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok first, I'm in a different state. Different dealerships have different policies. Here, if you do a modification and it affects the car or makes that part malfunction or something then yeah it will void it, and I can't take my exhaust or my CAI out, its all custom and I don't have all the pieces. So I'm just going to install my stock springs. But nothing that I have done to the car (mod wise) has madethe slave go out. This is the second time and I'm still really pissed, It hurts me to look at my car because I love it to death but I'm not going to keep putting up with this bullshizzle if it keeps happening.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
It could simply be bad luck that you've gotten two slave cylinders with faulty seals in a row. I once pulled 5 GFI's out of a box that were all bad, the whole case turned out to be bad, but at this point we had nearly every electrician on the job standing around trying to tell whomever was installing the GFI how to do it.

Maybe you should suggest to the service guy that he install a Chevy slave cylinder [rofl]

·
Registered
60 Posts
My understanding of the laws of warranties being voided by mods is that they have to prove that the mod caused the malfunction. the SEMA website has some great info on this I dont have the link handy but they will even walk you through how you need to handle it if the dealer says you caused the warranty with your mods.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that's what I was saying the whole time. They are looking at the car as I type this right now. He said that the clutch won't be covered because it's not under warranty anymore (12 months or 12000 miles, which ever comes first) is done and over with, I have 16,600 miles on the car already. If I didn't have the mileage then I wouldn't have to worry about the clutch. But it's over $1000 for the clutch? BS! Anyways, I'll fight that part.

As far as the twister muffler goes, its not bad. Haven't had any problems with it. It sounds pretty decent. 2.5" tubing plus that muffler makes a nice deep mellow tone.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update. So I called Ford yesterday at about 5PM mountain time. I asked to talk to the Service advisor I was working with. They connected me, then he answered his phone. I said, "Hello, I'm wondering how my car is coming along." He said, "Whats your last name?" So I told him blah blah. Then he told me about 30 minutes before I called he was back there checking on it and he said they were just putting it all back together. Then 2 minutes into our conversation, he got me RO (Repair order). Well, he was explaining to me what they did. and here is what they did.

They pulled the tranny, 5hours of labor, then they inspected it all, the slave cylinder blew up so bad this time that it actually CONTAMINATED my clutch! Well, he said that he had gotten the OK and EVERYTHING was replaced under warranty, even though technically the clutch wasn't supposd to be. He said that my car was ready yesterday, but I had to go to school and I was already at the parking lot of my school! :( But anyways, I'm going to get my car today from Ford when my mom gets home from work! WOOHOO! I'm so excited, I get my baby back!! :) anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that Ford has been treating me pretty well, considering that this dealership is the only place where my parents and I have bought cars from for the past 14 years.

Oh its Big Mike Naughton Ford in Colorado, if anyone wanted to know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts