Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i wanna put a glasspack on my car but not sure how. The pipe is like 1.75" right and think the glasspack (cherry bomb) is 2.5" so how do you do that? And I just want to cut the lunch box muffler out and put that on cuz this guy is p double o r. [8]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
don't do it.

Not worth it.

It IS worth it to remove the lunch box and replace with a flex hose or tail pipe.

Right now you have 2 mufflers and 2 cats, removing the lunch box will get rid of one muffler and give you a little bit of sporty sound.

You will like it

Search "lunchbox delete"

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
overwhelming consensus, every time someone mentions a glasspack, is typically that they sound like crap on a 4 cylinder, including the focus. though as warneej said, just removing the lunchbox is a good, cheap idea. people are doing it all the time on here, and it does give a bit of a nice sound. and it'd be even cheaper for you, as you wouldn't have to buy anything but some sort of flexpipe or solid pipe to have put on! lol

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i think every time i have seen someone do a lunchbox delete, they have eventually gone ahead and gotten an entire new exhaust. so, id rec. just going ahead and getting the mbrp, 2.5 ss. usually people will get rid of the lunchbox, but it stays in the back of your mind that it still isnt nearly as good as a full exhaust....so you eventually give in. depends on the funds tho lol.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i think every time i have seen someone do a lunchbox delete, they have eventually gone ahead and gotten an entire new exhaust. so, id rec. just going ahead and getting the mbrp, 2.5 ss. usually people will get rid of the lunchbox, but it stays in the back of your mind that it still isnt nearly as good as a full exhaust....so you eventually give in. depends on the funds tho lol.
x2^^^^ thats what i did and it wasnt good enough for me now im looking into getting a header.

·
Registered
689 Posts
dont do it

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ok i wanna put a glasspack on my car but not sure how. The pipe is like 1.75" right and think the glasspack (cherry bomb) is 2.5" so how do you do that? And I just want to cut the lunch box muffler out and put that on cuz this guy is p double o r. [8]
listen to warneej .. plus glasspack = fiberglass ... wait and get an exhaust with stainless steel mesh in the muffler...resonator = glasspack w/stainless steel mesh... a lot of confusion about my use of the word resonator when I post, but along with my header and high flow cat with the Magnaflow muffler I put one of these resonators on my car...Vibrant was the company name and the internal diameter, like my exhaust is 2.5".. I put it in before the Magnaflow so that my car would be cabin quiet, but would give a nice deep tone outside the car... so like i said to make the short story a little longer listen to warneej and cut out the lunch box.... save and get a good cat-back or full exhaust w/header...if you have emmissions issues.. the catback will give you a great sound and keep you legal. MBRP is good, Magnaflow is good, it's hard to say which is best, but don't just put a glasspack on your car... it will sound funky.. just my 2 cents worth

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
whered the OP go? i think we have a consensus

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Try these out. They are all popular in the Focus world and I think you will be happy with either one:
Trubendz
MBRP
Borla
The Borla setup you may have to piece together, but the MBRP and Magnaflow (Trubendz) come in a complete kit that's bent to fit your car. You just have to really let them know that it's for a sedan and not a hatch.

Gotta love all the write ups that Brad does. Here's some more ideas for you:
Trubendz Install
F2 Header Install

If you just want to do the lunchbox delete:
Lunchbox Delete

I hope these help. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
previous owner had a glass pack installed on my car, dunno the brand, sounded pretty good (low-key but a slight rumble), then sounded like absolute garbage when I added the header.

·
Registered
579 Posts
ive heard glasspacks rob horsepower they just make noise.i love my focus sport stealth exhaust but im guessing u want noise so go with waht one of the previous posters suggested.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
glasspack FTL..... full exhaust FTW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts