Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just installed a power programmer on his 2007 Chrysler 300c. At first I was quite sceptical of dropping 300 bucks on a programmer but he seems to love it and it worked well for his car.

My question was, has anyone on here tried and had luck with programmers?

If so, what one do you have? What all can you go in and adjust with it? Also, what kind of improvements have you noticed with it?

Thanks for the input!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I dont have one, but a lot of the guys here have the XCal2's or 3's. Check out focussport for them.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm...are there any alternatives that would be better or the same quality of the programmers offered through Focus Sport?

·
Registered
351 Posts
You might try Torrie McPhail at www.fastpartsnetwork.com . He has built some tunes for
the Ford Escapes (including mine) and they run really strong! He has a dyno so I would bet he's done Foci. One of his latest projects-a Ford GT that he installed twin turbos on
that puts out 1089 RWH.

·
Registered
423 Posts
get ahold of turbotom..is tunes are the best i had it for over a year and ioved even though my car wasent running wright.i sold it to get the parts thatt i needed and now i want anotherr one but with the holidays coming cant afford it but after that im buying a new one.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I love my FS tune, really helped wake the car up after the header and got it running strong. Awesome customer service too

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm really debating getting a tuner...did you guys notice like a big difference in power after you got it done? is it worth all the money?

·
Registered
596 Posts
tuning will bring out the best in your car...i had mine tuned at dynospeed racing a ford tuner here in memphis... he gave me the SCTY X3 Power Flash specifically designed for Ford cars... at least that's what the package says... i went back to the 87 tune when gas went to almost 5 bucks a gal here and found that the car didn't run quite as well... switched back to the 90 oct tune (on dyno) for the custom tune and my car came back to life...been on that tune ever since...thank God the gas prices have dropped...

·
Registered
144 Posts
do you get a better response?more hp?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i dont have a before and after dyno to back it up, but the tune really woke my car up after I/H/E. Response is improved, drivability is improved power is improved (esp down low i feel, with a gain throughout). its a good thing.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Ya tunes are nice, and having a programmer is great too. you get to change hundreds of things on your car. not only that but you get to data log it as well w/ your laptop and the free software that comes on the SCT web site. I would first make sure that your mods are up to par.....exhaust,air intake (CAI or SRI), and header. this would be the minimum mods before you get a tune or you don't feel the diff. as much. I would suggest the SCT X-cal3 if you want a good quality tuner and it's user friendly. I would also get the FS tune I have herd great things about them. I got my tune from Tom at Focus Power he is in the processes of moving now to Mexico, but I'm sure hell chime in soon enough. It seems when any one talks about tunes his spider senses kick in and he here to save the day.....lol j/k but there you go for what ever it is worth thats my .02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts