Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that my new sensors (with new wheel/tire package) would have to be programmed at the dealer, but no warning after 15 minute test drive. I'll update if it pops up tomorrow. I was dreading a reprogram just for tire rotation.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
you will have to eventually, mine didnt come on for about 100 miles. as far as tire rotation you wont have to reprogram them every time unless you mean for winter and summer wheel rotation then you will have to. the programing takes 10 minutes if that and if you are going to be switching wheels that much i would consider either not running the sensors or buy the programming tool which i believe tire rack sells.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It will happen eventually. Like cmmike1 says, it can take a few miles before it lets you know.

Here is the triggering tool we carry: FordTrigger

·
Registered
190 Posts
It varies by dealership. I've seen some do it for as low as $15 and others close to $100.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
perhaps the 2012 has a different system then. it popped up on my 08 after about 100 miles. Could you could be parking within the range of your old wheels and maybe that is resetting each time you are within range? I know its long shot but it could be whats happening.

·
Registered
190 Posts
^^^^ Good suggestion. I've seen scenarios where the previous tires and wheels were placed in the trunk of a car and the new tire and wheel package would never program correctly because the proximately of the old pack was too close.

If this isn't a possibility, take the vehicle to a Ford dealership. They will have a scan tool that can test the sensor. From there you should know where the problem is coming from. Maybe you have a defective sensor that needs to be switched out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts