Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the HKS exhaust for a zetec motor fit on a 05' ZX3? From what I here is that it just deletes the second cat. Is that true?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
if it is a flex pipe back. YES the hks are surpisingly of good quality for the price. sound just like the hks and are stainless.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stick with the MBRP you wanted originally. I love the one that is on my car. There was an MBRP on ebay a couple weeks back that only sold for 76.00 though too bad you missed that one man.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^^Ok just sent you a PM

But I would still like to know more about that Ebay HKS.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well first off the HKS "style" exhaust will NOT sound like the original HKS (in my opinion that could be a PLUS)

Just buy the MBRP that guy is selling and know that you have a decent exhaust without one of those horrid fart cans on the back.

In all honesty I dont like the sound of MBRP but if you like HKS you'll like that too.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
they have an HKS exhaust Travis just do a search for "ford focus exhaust" and it will bring up some that fit our cars, I might be getting one too.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
dazada said:
DON'T DO IT. It's just a cheaply made imitation that will start rusting within a year.
and you know this how? my experince with obx has been pretty good

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

try that item and the price is good.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I talked to the seller and he said that I can come pick it up in Rancho Cucamunga and $217 cash.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My buddy bought an OBX muffler for his civic when he first got it. I tried to tell him to go with a full exhaust, and well he didn't listen and his little civic sounded just like every other beater car with a muffler on it does...like shit. about 6 months later after his OBX started rusting and contintued to sound worse and worse he bought a full exhaust. moral of the story is you get what you pay for and taking short cuts just ends up costing you more in the end. Thats my 2 cents on this at least.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
that's not too bad travis, I am going to send them an email and see if I can get it for us cheaper.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I am waiting on a reply from them to see if they will give us a deal on them and if we can pick them up so I will let you know travis

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a reply from him and he gave me his phone #. I'm gonna take a smoke here a go call him to see if we can head up there [thumb]

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
because if the exhaust is only like 154.00$ why do they want 214.00$ you know, so see if they will come down since we are going to head up there. I mean I have my muffler shop special with a wanna be hks shorty muffler on there but I want the real thing you know? lmk what they say.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's not the real thing. I gave them a call and the guy that answered the phone said that they only have one left and it's a HKS replica. Has the same everything but no brand name [:(]. He says that there is no problems whatso ever about fitment or rusting. I guess the people who posted up saying that it doesn't fit are not buying the right ones for there car. Might be bull shit, but who knows.

If you think about it, getting a 2.5" cat-back exhaust for $200 is pretty good considering that Cosworth sells they're race set up for like $6 bills...lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts