Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I'd say no.
The sound isn't bad, though it's been years since I last heard one in person.
The thing I never liked is the routing. Running under the rear subframe really limits the ground clearance. And I hate the crooked rear muffler, there's plenty room to fit one in there straight and tucked out of the way, SHM EVO exhaust managed it just fine (which was the second exhaust I had).

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The Svt hks kit does NOT run under the subframe in runs in the same location as factory. It would only change the sound. the stock Svt is 58mm piping with a resonator-muffler-resonator/lunch box. The Svt hks is 60mm piping resonator-muffler- and sideways muffler on the end. Technically to benefit u need to go up to 2.5 inch piping or bigger to see performance. And the regular zx3 base hks kit is the one that goes under the subframe

·
Registered
179 Posts
whats up everyone? iam new the the fourm[ffrocks] and happened to stumble on this post. thats my video/ride and would have to agree i love the way it sounds but iam just having to deal with the crooked tip...[facepalm]i was thinking of replacing the muffler with a 3" piece of pipe coming straight out to see what it would sound like! and yes you are correct demented runs in the same location as factory! check out my cardomain if ya wanna check my whole ride out thanks!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933566/2003-ford-focus-zx3-svt-hatchback-2d

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice haha I think it sounds really good. You also have an orp right? I think it looks really good. But if i may ask where did you get yours and how much?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much? Is it a cat back or a full exhaust?

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
asking 350 plus shipping. Its the cat back, well runs from the flex back but you get the point haha. I can take a video tomorrow if you wanna hear how it sounds

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it isnt any problem that would be nice. I would like to hear it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts