Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to build a new exhaust and I really like the style/look of the HKS, but I am not willing to pay that much. What I need to find is high rersolution pictures of both the standard Zetec and the SVT HKS exhaust. and nothing online seems to be large enough for me to get a good detailed design. I've got a basic drawing made up, just want to get it right the first time.

Anyone have pics of both installed?

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
Are you looking for a pic of the whole exhaust or just the tip?

Here's a pic of mine if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i could see why for the flamming. i dont like the look.. i 100% of the time relate that exhaust look to a foreign car, mostly japanese cars like the WRX and some Honda's. just seems out of place on something like a Focus IMO.

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
^ I also agree, not a fan of the looks (sadly the PO put it on) so now im looking to replace it. But it does sound really good :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I like the sound and looks of it, if its a no-name brand can its sounds horrible, but the HKS can sounds good

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking for the entire exhaust. Preferable a shot from under the car looking up. The real proble is figuring out how to bend it around the re sub-frame. I like the idea of going under it, but wih a lowered car, ground hitting is an issue.

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
I can take a pic of the whole exhaust Monday if you want. That way you have the SVT version also.

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
If you want to sell it for a reasonable price.......[giddy]
That's always an option [thumb]. But I'm not really sure how much these go for. If your interested you can make an offer.

And I won't be able to get any good pics until I go back to school after Thanksgiving break, which will be Monday.

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
I have HKS on my SVT and yeah It sound BEAUTIFUL!!!! It looks great in my opinion but not everyone like the look. All personal preference.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
whose black focus is that with the red wheels? it is so damn hot! [rofl]

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey Broncoboy do you get a lot of rattle out of the exhaust on the rear air damn piece? I like the HKS look/sound but I'm wary of rattling down the street.

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
Rattle? I dont any rattle what so ever. Maybe you heard one that was falling apart?

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all of the pics. I think I have an idea of what to do. Now to gather supplies and get to work.

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
My HKS might be up for sale if I follow through with some plans. DrunkYoda has first dibs but after that its free play! PM me if your interested and how much you would pay

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have HKS on my SVT and yeah It sound BEAUTIFUL!!!! It looks great in my opinion but not everyone like the look. All personal preference.

You have the wrong HKS system on you car..... That system is made for the normal Zetec, not the SVTF. so the piping dia is actually smaller than the normal stock SVT exhaust system. Unless it's an OBX system (2.25" dia), which is still 1/8 smaller than the stock SVTF system

As for the OP, it all depends on which style of the HKS system you want. The original SVT/Duratec HKS system goes over rear sub frame, like the original routing of the stock piping. Also the SVT/Duratec HKS systm is the same size pipe dia of the stock SVTF system(2 3/8" dia). The Zetec version goes under the rear frame, because the piping dia is smaller and gives it more of that "angled" look (2 1/8" dia)

If you really want this "import/angled" look exhaust, and you have either a non-boosted zetec or SVTF. Just get a OBX knock off eBay, it would be a lot easier to buy one than make it. Because that one hanger that holds the pipe right before the pipe drops under the rear frame is going to be hard to duplicate. I use to have an OBX system on my SVTF before it was boosted

But just as a warning, like all normal zetec exhaust. if you do have a SVTF and you buy the OBX knock off. The flange bolt holes WILL NOT match up to the stock SVTF flex pipe flange. You'll have to drill/torch them out so that they will match.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts