Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. If you are runnin a HKS Catback, or just an HKS Muffler, post pics! if we have enough guys, lol, we can make a squad. hahahaha. heres mine:

the last two i posted, just b/c they are sweet pics.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like the exhaust, i just never liked the way any exhaust comes out at an angle...i dunno...I know its a big brand and a full cat would do wonders, but it just looks from a glance that its a fart can from Auto Zone welded on to where the muffler should be...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it doesnothing but sound. I'm partial to the brand. big name, good quailty. not very popular on our cars for the reason you stated. Im not a ricer type of guy. i doubt my exterior will change, unless its an RS conversion.

·
Banned
503 Posts
I know its HKS and all, but it looks like a pooper shooter is on the back of your car...sides, its an SVT, u wasted 400$ when ur stock cat-back is already mandrel bent with nice good SS tip on it...IMO, bad choice to replace the SVT cat-back

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i think it looks really good, and i know it sounds awesome too. get some sound clips :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there are sound clips. look for thread concerning "Pics of my car SIlverstreak" there are 2 clips there.

Bad choice for replacing? the stock exhaust doesnt sound too good w/ ORP. its all matter of opinion budy. and Bump for no one else posting pics of their HKS system..i know you guys are out there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It really pisses me off that the HKS does nothing for power - I'm rapidly becoming enamoured with that exhaust, but I just can't see shelling out the bucks... It really does look & sound sweet!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've read that the HKS adds 4-5 hp over the stock SVT. No easy feat. The SVT system is very good considering the sound levels and being 2.25 in.

·
Registered
139 Posts
From all I've heard, I'd have to see several convincing dyno charts w/ full explanation before I'd believe this - maybe it's a 4-5 HP gain between 2200 and 2434 RPMs...

·
Registered
471 Posts
HKS CARBON TI UNIVERSAL TURBO EXHAUST MUFFLER

Newest purchase for a new love. It has changed my plans totally for the car.

The best tires on earth!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Speedbumps > yuo. Man, that thing looks like it hangs low!

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's actually not too bad. I've only really hit about twice and they were on extreme slopes. Once I change up the wheels, I'm going to probably go with Tein H-Tech springs with AGX shocks and struts

·
Banned
503 Posts
is it just me but doesnt that muffler belong on a civic? i like the tip style cat-backs, not the poop shooter can style ones...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Stolle said:
is it just me but doesnt that muffler belong on a civic? i like the tip style cat-backs, not the poop shooter can style ones...
never heard them being called poop shooters, I always call them grape fruit launchers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, as I understand it, that style originated w/ Japanese N-1 - so I suppose you could say it "belongs" on Japanese cars, but by that reasoning, Foci shoud be sporting Cherry Bombs and Flow-masters.

·
Registered
471 Posts
tec-9-7 said:
Well, as I understand it, that style originated w/ Japanese N-1 - so I suppose you could say it "belongs" on Japanese cars, but by that reasoning, Foci shoud be sporting Cherry Bombs and Flow-masters.
Too bad Flowmaster and Magnaflows sound like shit! Just a personal opinion.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's exactly what I was getting at!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^HKS is for "sport compacts". if it should be just on Jap. cars, then what about all these Tail wastegates, greddy bov's, turboxs turbo timers and such? last time i checked, those were jap companies. sayin g all that, isnt most of the suspension aprts and intakes made in different countries? I.E, KW suspensions (German), Tein (Japan) Eibach (IDK) KYB(Not sure) if those belong on cars from their countries, we should just stick with ford racing.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I always heard of them called fart cannons. but this doesnt have the massive tip as a cheap "fart cannon" exhaust. bump for all you nay sayers!

·
Registered
471 Posts
02SVTsilverstreak said:
^HKS is for "sport compacts". if it should be just on Jap. cars, then what about all these Tail wastegates, greddy bov's, turboxs turbo timers and such? last time i checked, those were jap companies. sayin g all that, isnt most of the suspension aprts and intakes made in different countries? I.E, KW suspensions (German), Tein (Japan) Eibach (IDK) KYB(Not sure) if those belong on cars from their countries, we should just stick with ford racing.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I always heard of them called fart cannons. but this doesnt have the massive tip as a cheap "fart cannon" exhaust. bump for all you nay sayers!
LONG LIVE THE HKS!!!! I love the sound, angle it comes out at, the quality, and everything about it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts