·
Registered
62 Posts
That's what I wanna know, I want one!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if the cat-back exhaust system for the ZX3 will fit on the SVT. I here that the HKS exhaust helps the Zetec breath better than any other exhaust system????

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
better?...who told you that?...most cat-backs are all about the same. and with a lil work the hks can fit the svt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So does anybody know for sure if SVT and Zx3 exhaust is the same or what??

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's different because of the cat placement, think about it. :) If you want an exhaust made for a ZX3 you need to replace all of the exhaust components.

·
Registered
65 Posts
All Focus Cat backs should be changed to flex pipe back because that is really what you are getting. The biggest difference is the size of the flange that the cat back bolts up to. this would have to be modified. Other than that it should work...I was the test monkey for Trubendz and my kit had a ZX3 flange....I made it work with no problems...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to buy a good "Performance exhaust. Most of these exhuast on the market are for sound not performance. Should I get a exhaust customized somewhere or buy one. I hear that Thermal's Cat-back exhaust was pretty good. So guys give me some feed back.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
OBX is a no no, they are crap, you did not know this?

Whoever said HKS was the best should be beheaded, thats laugh out loud wrong!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I just said this in another exhaust thread but I hear borla is the best and magnaflow is the second best

·
Registered
123 Posts
i hear mbrp is good any of u guys got comments on that one?
i got hks and when i get a new system ill put it up for graps if anyone wants.i just dont like the idea of puttin a japanese exhaust on a domestic personally and im pissed i got it for that reason now.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
dudeman said:
i hear mbrp is good any of u guys got comments on that one?
i got hks and when i get a new system ill put it up for graps if anyone wants.i just dont like the idea of puttin a japanese exhaust on a domestic personally and im pissed i got it for that reason now.
Good idea.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you want to UPGRADE your SVT exhaust, DON'T put on smaller pipes. In my opinion Magnaflow and MBRP are the best options for the price. The Borla is great, it has a nice sound and 2.5" piping but has a high price tag. I went with MBRP in the 2.5" piping and with shipping it was like $370. It is loud though, especially with my ORP, but I like the rally car type sound. Oh and btw thanks Focaltech for the advice a while back on what exhaust to get!

-Mike

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
check out the sound clips on the manufacturer's website im sure they don't do justice to real life but the borla and the magnaflow sound good

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
mbrp has a rally sound and i think it too can be ordered in 2.5", but for quality and sound i can recomend none other than Borla

1 - 20 of 28 Posts