Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I went to Autozone to see if they have the IAC for my Focus and they do (for $47.80) but it is a Hitachi Brand... The one at Ford is $102.00, the Standard brand is $78...

Anyone have any issues with the Hitachi one? Should i buy it and take my chances? It has a two year warranty...

Thoughts? [???:)]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No news is good news, so I'll buy it see! [headbang]

·
фанатик
5,056 Posts
Never heard of Hitachi.

Off topic kinda. I once bought a cheap ignition module for a mustang, and then had to buy the dealer's module. The cheap one would cut out after 3000rpm. I most cases, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Somebody else recently needed an IAC valve and came across a Hitachi one that was significantly cheaper than alternatives. I might need one also for another car and did some checking, it looks like the Hitachi one is a direct fit for all Zetecs between 00-04, maybe more cars. Please make a thread about it if you encounter problems or have tips about changing the IAC without removing other stuff. It looks pretty doable to get it off, but I can't imagine it's easy to get it back in place, the mounting bolts are practically inaccessible and I don't see how you could hold the IAC in place and start the bolts. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody else recently needed an IAC valve and came across a Hitachi one that was significantly cheaper than alternatives. I might need one also for another car and did some checking, it looks like the Hitachi one is a direct fit for all Zetecs between 00-04, maybe more cars. Please make a thread about it if you encounter problems or have tips about changing the IAC without removing other stuff. It looks pretty doable to get it off, but I can't imagine it's easy to get it back in place, the mounting bolts are practically inaccessible and I don't see how you could hold the IAC in place and start the bolts. Good luck.
I'm going to put my car up on jack stands and get it from the bottom. There is a nice post on how to do it, so I'm going to give it a whirl, and see what happens. The only thing is that the gasket can't be found anywhere so I bought gasket material from Autozone for $5, and will make my own if needed. I'm told that I'll need to remove the neg batt cable for 10 minutes to reset the Emissions Computer, and then reconnect and start and let it run for 20 minutes undisturbed to reset idle. Hopefully that fixes mine as I don't know what else to check / change to fix my rough idle which gets worse with the AC on... [mad]

·
Registered
15 Posts
The stock gasket looks like frames for glasses. Two round circles with a small tab between them and a little tab to orientate the direction to install it. I bought a new one from ford but I think the old one was still ok. Yours could be ok too. I dont know if regular gasket material would be a good choice. Just my 2 cents. I used the jackstand method too. I made my left hand cramp up a little but it can be done. I used a 1/4" ratchet instead of a wrench. Your results mat vary. Good luck,Harold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts