Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was heading down to Joplin Missouri to meet up with AllBlackSVT to buy his carbon fiber oem hood, it was about 6:00pm so it was dark out, and all of a sudden i hear a huge bang and it felt like the transmission fell out of the car. I never saw what it was, and i really wish i did, but there must have been something in the road that I hit. I immediately was worried, and noticed my heat was now cold, then a couple seconds later my temp. gauge was all the way on hot. I pull over on the side of the highway and my car shut off by itself. I got out of the car and there was smoke pouring out of my hood. I popped the hood and saw coolant everywhere, so I looked underneath the car and the radiator is dented to hell, the radiator support is hanging lower and dented up bad, and my fans are hanging down, probably no good anymore as well. I got a decent look at my suspension and nothing looked messed up. I called the police and they sent a tow truck, and $550 later I'm home and my car is in the garage. I did make a claim with my insurance company, and I have full coverage, so they should help me out. If its not worse than I think, I'll fix it myself. I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll give the entire car a good lookover. I'm happy to say the exterior didn't get touched other than the bottom of my front bumper scraping on the tow truck. I'll update tomorrow with pics. What a crappy day.[:(]

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Thankfully the radiator took the hit and not you! I'd give you a hand myself if I could. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
That sucks. I had a similar situation last month, I hit a giant raccoon @ 65mph. Had to replace the radiator and the fan/shroud and I still need a new bumper.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
wow man, that sucks hopefully its not too much to fix it, and thank god that your alright and it wasn't worse

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that man. good luck with the repairs. Its crazy with all these wrecks all of a sudden. good thing your okay though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
dude that sucks....i hit a raccon at 75 it was pretty funny thou....man those things bounce pretty good off ur front bumpers....oh that was a fun road trip too...

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
sorry to hear. carnage pics?

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
that totally blows dude. sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Bad luck for sure.....usually if the cost to repair the thing is within 10% of the Blue-book value, it gets totaled. And they don't take into account the many expensive mods you have done.

State Farm totaled two cars I've owned, when the repair estimate was close to the value of the car. One I bought back and repaired myself.....the other I let State Farm tow off. Tough choices.....

IMHO.....if you're going to mod a daily-driver car extensively, make certain it's a newer car, that can't get totaled easily by the insurance company.

Some years back I hit a big chunk of metal on the highway, at night. Luckily for me it was only the LF wheel that hit the thing.....broke the wheel, and nothing else. I lucked out.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Damn Jed. That really bites. I hope you can get your car all fixed, and eventually get that hood.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I didn't get the hood. And I will never know what I hit.
I'm going out to do a full inspection of my car in about an hour.
I'll post up some pics sometime this afternoon.
Hopefully the damage isn't worse than I think it is.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sorry about your ride

Sorry to hear that. what a sweet focus hope you can get it fixed resonable, Glad your ok though.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Jed! No! I'm sorry bro, that really blows... I guess its a good thing you have full insurance coverage and there was no major damage to the exterior, suspension, or wheels (knock on wood). I dunno if you've thought about this yet, but are the scratches on the bumper from the tow truck bad enough to make you think about upgrading the bumper? A white SVT or euro bumper would look pretty tasty on your c-dan.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Jed! No! I'm sorry bro, that really blows... I guess its a good thing you have full insurance coverage and there was no major damage to the exterior, suspension, or wheels (knock on wood). I dunno if you've thought about this yet, but are the scratches on the bumper from the tow truck bad enough to make you think about upgrading the bumper? A white SVT or euro bumper would look pretty tasty on your c-dan.
He's got big body plans for the spring, so it doesn't really matter if his stock bumper got scratched or not.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts