Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car slid on some ice and the front driver side hit and the wheel it self was shoved back and rubs the fender now so i had it towed and now its sitting my question is would it be the strut? or the axel will take pics tomorrow

·
Registered
575 Posts
sounds like the control arm if that's what it's called.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
depends on how you hit it

if you hit it head on the control arm should be fine the balljoint usually takes up all the motion. In this case its probly just the strut, strut perch, and inner tie rod. Speaking from experience here lol

If you hit it from the side things are not looking good for you, thats gonna be the control arm, strut, strut perch, inner tie rod, and possibly the axle as well. If you hit it hard enough you can also damage your differential.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool thanks ill snap some pics of it tomorrow

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took everything apart its my lower a-arm? it has a huge ass kink in it

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
you must have hit it just right then... I'd be really surprised if your strut perch wasnt bent too. It's the piece on top of the strut with the 3 studs in it. Take you strut out and inspect it.

and when you put it back together use a new bolt, go to ford and ask for a strut pinch bolt.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
dang man! sorry to hear about your loss...it shouldn't that bad though to replace and get your car rolling again! well atleast rolling with out rubbing

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i looked at the strut and it looks good just cant any place around here with a replacement control arm will any other years fit?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
i told you in your other thread 05-07 are the same

go to car-part.com and search by distance for a junkyard near you

the strut itself may be fine but you need to make sure the three studs on the top are FLAT. if any of the studs are bent down or up, go get a new one, it's $10 at ford.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i just saw thanks illipino i found one im about to leave to get it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts