Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 se 180,000 miles. Was crossing a railroad track at about 5 mph like I do everyday. Heard a hissing noise,thought a tire was going flat,kept driving waiting for the car to start driving funny,never did. After about 3 miles the hissing stopped. Left front of the car hits bumps harder now,but both front sides bounce up and down when pushing on the car. If I blew a strut,would it make a hissing noise? I thought they were full of oil,not air? There was no oil leaking after I parked it. Car still sits level

·
Registered
333 Posts
2005 se 180,000 miles. Was crossing a railroad track at about 5 mph like I do everyday. Heard a hissing noise,thought a tire was going flat,kept driving waiting for the car to start driving funny,never did. After about 3 miles the hissing stopped. Left front of the car hits bumps harder now,but both front sides bounce up and down when pushing on the car. If I blew a strut,would it make a hissing noise? I thought they were full of oil,not air? There was no oil leaking after I parked it. Car still sits level
They are pressurized with Nitrogen.
Springs hold the car up, not the shocks. Should sit the same whether or not the shocks are blown

·
Registered
480 Posts
Shocks are filled with nitrogen and oil. If the car is bouncing like you tested it, you may very well have blown a strut. Did you check the strut (more specifically around the seals) or just the ground for leaking oil?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts