Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got my new tps finally but i went to put on my 65mm t/b just to realize i've lost the freaking gasket. It's $5 for another gasket from FC but i can't wait that long i would like to make my own but i can't find gasjet paper that thick. So what should i do suck it up and order and wait for FC?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Did you try calling your local Ford dealer/service center [?]
It may cost you an arm and a leg but you could get it today.
[whip]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know right man lol i've just had such trouble but i finally got my new tps and then i can't find my gasket. and microtonal lol a ford dealer doesn't carrey a gasket for a Focus Central 65mm throttle body lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
y dont u r try gasket maker? it comes ina tube and looks like glue but u can make gasktes with it, i ve used it to make a gasket for a thermostast and hav not had any probs

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm wow to make a gasket out of a tube of something for this would be a task i can't even tell u how hard.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Patience young skywalker... do it right. you should be able to find that paper somewhere local, just make a few more phone calls to parts stores, good luck!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got some rubber fiber material for making gaskets and some black silicone. lol also one of my silver stars burnt out on the way home. This just isn't my week lol

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol word man i don't know whats gunna happen next luckly the bulbs are under a lifetime warrenty so i can just mail them in and have them exchanged

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hell ya lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Local ford dealers, should have those parts in their service center on stock. If not they can get one within a day for you but it is going to cost a little.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Solaris, it seem like you and your car were doing fine until you made this statement:
"Done modding till next summer."

I think that pissied your car off and it's putting some voodoo on ya. [}:)]

I hope you get things worked out and your car holds up til next summer for for some more new mods. [pray]

[idea] Maybe after you get this TB thing worked out. Wash your car and maybe it will forgive you for postponing new mods til next summer.
Good luck [cheers]
[wave]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts