Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m getting a message that says "Hill Start Assist Not Available" every time I start the car accompanied by a warning light of a car with squiggly lines beneath it and an amber exclamation point under the fuel and engine temperature gauges. In the Driver Assist menu I do not even have an option for Hill Start Assist. (I also cannot turn off Traction Ctrl. Anytime I try to disable it, the check mark comes back a second later. Not sure if this is related.)

Some background on the cars repair history. Previous owner had clutches/input seal done 3 years ago and the TCM replaced 2 years ago, both under warranty. The car was in an accident and declared totaled by their insurance company. Cue me buying it at an auction and my dad and I putting it back together.

Upon the first startup after repairs, there was an ABS light on until I drove a few hundred feet down the road. It went away and has never come back. My dad’s code reader read that there was a stored code for the driver’s side front wheel speed sensor but after clearing the code it has not come back.

I’m leaning towards the wheel speed sensor but I’d like some advice and input before I start throwing money at this problem. I don’t really care that the Hill Start Assist doesn’t work but the warning light is driving me nuts every time I start the car and if there’s an issue with the ABS I’d like to fix it.

Hi, I'll just share what happened to me.

I own a 2012 Focus SEL in México City. Suddenly the "Hill Start Assit Not Available" message appeared. I read that it could be the ABS sensor and I disconnected, cleaned and connected them (I am an IT guy) but that didn't work.

On the other hand, months before I took my car to a workshop because the electric steering and the transmision stopped working (both almost at the same time). The electric steering was replaced and the transmision was reaconditioned. Everything was working fine but I realized that when I drove through bad roads there were sounds as if metal hit to another metal. Few months later that message ("Hill Start Assit Not Available") started to appear ocassionally. I took my car to a workshop again, in order to solve the metal to metal noise problem (wich I assumed that could be related to a suspension problem) and they discovered that there were some screws (the screws that are related to the suspension, steering and transmision) badly tightened. They just tightened them and the noice dissappear, but... also the message. I am not sure why, but I wanted to share this because this may help someone.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'll just share what happened to me.

I own a 2012 Focus SEL in México City. Suddenly the "Hill Start Assit Not Available" message appeared. I read that it could be the ABS sensor and I disconnected, cleaned and connected them (I am an IT guy) but that didn't work.

On the other hand, months before I took my car to a workshop because the electric steering and the transmision stopped working (both almost at the same time). The electric steering was replaced and the transmision was reaconditioned. Everything was working fine but I realized that when I drove through bad roads there were sounds as if metal hit to another metal. Few months later that message ("Hill Start Assit Not Available") started to appear ocassionally. I took my car to a workshop again, in order to solve the metal to metal noise problem (wich I assumed that could be related to a suspension problem) and they discovered that there were some screws (the screws that are related to the suspension, steering and transmision) badly tightened. They just tightened them and the noice dissappear, but... also the message. I am not sure why, but I wanted to share this because this may help someone.

Thanks
I have 2015 Ford Mustang and got same message couple day ago. Also my brake light keep on after Engine shutdown. After review of how fix brake switch from YouTube, I put a 2 mm thick piece of magnet between brake light switch and brake steel metal. Now brake light problem is fixed and "Hill Start Assit Not Available" message disappeared.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts