Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering who has the highest mileage FI zetec??? So lets see...

Post If you had a rebuild, im looking for stock motors really, but post them up!

Also how much power your making and how much boost!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
123K, boosted since 54K. Albeit I'm only running 10psi with a pretty safe tune. I know there are some guys making more power with some decent mileage on them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats alot of miles being boosted! Hopefully when I put the jrsc on she goes that long!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
zetecfreak had somewhere between 120-150,000 miles on his when we installed the turbo..... I dont know how many miles it has now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
110,000 miles, stock top and bottom
does 14.6 at 94

Thinking of running more boost to realize more awesome low end torque. Will need to crack it then. Curious to see the wear in my cylinders....I have rebuilt several 350's (well, the same one 6 times or something)and other things, reading on hear the zetecs show little wear even after high mileage....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These motors seem to be pretty good under boost for long periods of time. As long as you have a good tune.

I can't wait to be boosted!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ yea he posted up first, that's great tho he's been boosted for like 60k miles!! Can't wait to see how long I can run mine!

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Make sure the tune is good.....thats how my first motor let go.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Thats alot of miles being boosted! Hopefully when I put the jrsc on she goes that long!
If that is all the power you are going to add, then you'll have no problem. I have 100,000 miles on my car and it's been boosted since 40,000 and for over three years now. I still run the stock clutch. I'm in the process of rebuilding my car (damage to many parts that need to be replaced) and after that, I will do an engine rebuild and yes switch from the JRSC to turbo. I don't regret buying it at all. So far all averaged out by the time I replace it it only cost me 700 dollars a year 60 bucks a month (if I didn't pay for it up front). It had the exact amount of horsepower I wanted these last few years.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Its nitrous, but My car was sprayed at 12,000 miles and it now has 126k. 17 refills (at least)on a 10 lb. bottle ( though it wasn't always bone dry)...Sometimes I go 2 months without spraying and I drained a bottle in an afternoon before ( at the drag strip). Its a 50 shot BTW. all stock motor with bolt-ons.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
im going to be boosting near year after what should be over 200,000 at that time. spent 150k miles stock, been the last 40k with 10.5:1 compression. Next is boost 8psi at 10.5:1 until the block blows.

compression is still over 210 on all 4...

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
^^^ No worries, the block will stay together. The piston rings to cylinder clearance will start to get sloppy and blow-by will begin, and she will slowly get slower and slower..But the block will hold, and she will keep running....But at 210 psi, you should be good for a while..Make sure you get a good tune with that compression and boost.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
by block blows I meant when i get bad gas or some other crazy event happens. they sell straight water at the pumps around here sometimes....

my tune will be fine (done meticulously by...me!) so longevity shouldnt be a problem as long as the rings hold up [thumb] I dont expect to have my timing over 15 degrees, 10 in some spots.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Turbo'd since ~160k ish, now has 196k. 7psi still run's awsome...but it's a SPI. :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is pretty good!!! I think i may have found a reason to go turbo which is not a bad thing at all, that what most everybody would have told me anyways!!! I lost the deal on the jrsc and think im just gonna start building a turbo car instead.

Ive had 3-4 turbo cars so I know a little about turbos..Lets see what happens i think i see toms DIY kit in the future!!!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Tom's DIY kit is a really good way to start. IMO

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Turbo'd since ~160k ish, now has 196k. 7psi still run's awsome...but it's a SPI. :p
Wow that's pretty impressive. Are you tuned to run on E85? Your torque is pretty high, I bet that pulls hard.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wow that's pretty impressive. Are you tuned to run on E85? Your torque is pretty high, I bet that pulls hard.
My 2.0 SPI with 190k run's about 40% e85 and the rest regular 87.
My 1.9 SPI Hybrid (with 125k miles stock block) run's 100% e85 now, and I'd guess is up to about 300 ftlbs. Yes, it rip's hard [wiggle] .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts