Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
im not sure about rescent but i've heard that some cvh engines were able to surpass 300hp back in the day

·
Registered
950 Posts
i think the furthest someone here has got is like 300 ft-lb of torque, jeff has gotten like 260 hp out of that motor though, i think his 1/4 mi times are in the high 13's!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Stagnantmic said:
what is the highest Hp that the Spi engine can produce turboed?
Higher then N/A or supercharged.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what all is needed to produce 260hp to the wheels. so far i have installed a speed chip. aem air intake, 4-2-1 race headers, Magnaflow cat back exhuast. HELp what is the sites to all of the parts that i neeed also.

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
well, on the SPI you're going to need a LOT of parts. not that a zetec or duratec wouldn't need a lot, but you'd need a lot more

·
Registered
160 Posts
Get over your self lol hahaha J/K
SEARCH there is a write up by jeff and couple others on how to turbo
you wont get very many response's kuzz this has been asked before (lots before)

Shadowrunner said:
well, on the SPI you're going to need a LOT of parts. not that a zetec or duratec wouldn't need a lot, but you'd need a lot more

·
Registered
818 Posts
Shadowrunner said:
Not as much as you think.

Stagnantmic said:
what all is needed to produce 260hp to the wheels. so far i have installed a speed chip. aem air intake, 4-2-1 race headers, Magnaflow cat back exhuast. HELp what is the sites to all of the parts that i neeed also.
Sell the intake and header, and give ebay back it's chip. Then start reading up on turboing the SPI. Then start collecting parts, turbo, manifold, down pipe, intercooler, BOV, injectors, SCT and tools.

·
Registered
160 Posts
jeff dont you hate alll of these questions that have been answered before?

·
Registered
950 Posts
not to answer for jeff, but i think he enjoys imparting his knowledge about this little engine to others. very few people know much about it, its not obscure, but its not really an engine widely studied. he's really a pioneer in the field of the SPI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts