Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the highest possible hp exhaust setup that will pass emissions (header, pipes, cat and muffler) Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
It will be less if you keep the stock header which has the cat built in for quick light-off, next to that restriction, a 2.5" free flow exhaust system (ie: not chambered) straight through design (ie: fs werks stealth or race) will give you some ponies, really hard to say how many, check the dyno sticky and see if someone has a dyno with intake and exhaust only

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
A 3'' catted down pipe on a ST...... Do they check for codes or a visual?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
3" exhaust may increase overall peak hp but at a lower end loss, and without a header with a 3" collector, or header period, would be a waste, 2.5" would be biggest.

The magnaflow header with cat is supposed to flow better then stock but retain stock size, however the cat is not carb or emissions certified, so you may or may not pass emissions with it, silly as that sounds

·
FF Affiliate
30,382 Posts
SVT Focus gained 8-9 HP by adding a 3 inch from header back , SVT isnt 3 inch at collector either

SVT header and 3 inch Exh on a Zetec the least I have seen was 15hp most 19hp and those # are to the wheels

I feel a 3 inch on a decent header on the MK3 will net 5+hp over a 2.5 , I have NOT tested this yet its me guessing and I feel it wont hurt the TQ band anywhere from 2500 on

Tom

·
Registered
505 Posts
I’m obx catless with 2.5 exhaust. St res and magnaflow dual exit.

My current power is 196/182 to wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I’m obx catless with 2.5 exhaust. St res and magnaflow dual exit.

My current power is 196/182 to wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
ONLY 196whp? Lmao, don't know what you're doing but keep on doing it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts