Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is it that when i hit about one hundred miles per hour on my '03 ZX3 it wont speed up , well it does peed up but it takes forever , seems like i go 1 mph faster every 3 minutes, how can i make it faster.

·
Registered
267 Posts
^^^W3RD I've been jus about 125 in my atx before I ran into two problems, no more gears, and too much wind resistance. When I first got my car i had the same issue about it taking forever once u got past 100. THen I got intake, and exhaust and it really opened my baby up, and she went hard all the way to 110mph, when the governor spoiled my fun. I swear that thing was the most annoying thing ever, so I got a chip and ever since then its been smooth sailing.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^^yea seriously, so annyoing, i mean how can they go to such lengths to keep us from going that fast.....just terrible.[rolleyes]

haha yea the limiter is annoying, sadly, or should i say thankfully i havent been going fast enough to encounter it. Wind resistance does play a major roll. Youd probably be able to cut through the air faster if you lowered your car as well, then theyd be less lift.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
header, exhaust, a good tune + intake will help , plus add cams & that will get your top speed moving a bit [;)] I've seen 131 in 4th. gear so far[;)] just be carefull please, i would hate to someone get hurt. there is always track days & it's legal to boot!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts