Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
running higher octane, means the fuel is harder to ignite, so then you can run more timing(tune) to gain more power

the only useful tune really is the 93oct tune sinse the gain is minimal anyways... might as well go all the way.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
what kind of chip, not the ebay resistors I hope!!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
^^^ What are you talking about man??? Haven't you heard they add 25+ whp and 10 mpg's....look at all of the positive feedbacks!! lol j/k...hate those scammers.

·
Registered
930 Posts
O good lord another one of these posts. If your spending the money on a Tune and trying to get better performance Just spend the extra freaking 2 bucks at the pump and get 93...

Every Day its the same damn post .

·
Registered
312 Posts
try the search button bud, this topic has been beaten to death.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
good luck finding a place to put a "chip" in our cars...

when you get a TUNE it adds timing which when combined with higher octane fuel = better performance and a stronger powerband

i have a 93 tune but i can run 89 as long as i don't get on it too hard..

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
it'll all work, don't matter what bodystyle you have

·
Registered
173 Posts
^^^ What are you talking about man??? Haven't you heard they add 25+ whp and 10 mpg's....look at all of the positive feedbacks!! lol j/k...hate those scammers.
LOL. A buddy of mine actually bought one for his 08 Eclipse. He got it about 4 months ago and we still give him hell about it.

Wes

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
had to tell someone once that came into my parts store that he was an idiot and needs to go get his money back

he thought it would remove his speed limiter on his impala, cuz someone said he needed to get "chipped" to remove it

i wanted to slap him

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol i know its all work man i was just lettin you guys know what kind of car i have. I just wanted to know if it was necessary to run a higher octane. Since higher octane dosent do much for performance on our cars cuz the engine was made for regular. I was just wanted to know if i can buy a chip but not use the higher octane gasolina!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
no there is no point in tuning your car without higher octane, no point in tuning period unless you have lots of mods

speed limiter is removed with a tune

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i plan on gettin exhaust, throttlebody, UDP, then chip. I just wanted to know how the higher octane worked. Its just that gas is expensive here in canada so thats kind of a concern for me

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
then don't modify your car if you're concerned about the price of gas, mileage will go down unless you keep your foot off the gas, and whats the fun in that?

and please stop saying chip...you cannot chip a ford pcm

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reg gas is no concern, Premium gas is its about 12 cents more. I do plan on modifying my car, i already got a cai, thats just the first. The flasher is my biggest concern as i stated earlier. But ill just go with the flow and if i buy one ill be broke for a little while haha

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
honestly it costs like $2 more to fill up on premium...you can find that in your couch...especially since you guys have dollar coins...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well he called me cause he wanted me to come install it for him. So I got to his house and he got it out of the package. I just started laughing at him. I thought he had bought a actual chip for his car. Oh well never said he was the smartest friend I had.

Wes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts