Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, anyway, just started foci to move it so we could finish moving the leaves.... started on the first crank, revving a little higher than normal right on startup, and it seemed to be running a little rich for the time I had it on (couple minutes...)

anyone see any relation between the two, or did I just get a lucky start?

edit: CRAP!! I spelled "Too" wrong...... there's a first for me: misspelled Thread name. damn..... lol

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Doubt there's any relation between the two. If it's running rich, that means there's more fuel than air being detonated in the combustion chamber; that has nothing to do with a quick start up. Most likely you just got a lucky start.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably lol..... it just struck me as odd, because usually it takes a few, and I did the same thing I normally do.......it just revved higher when it started too.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
It's strange that your car starts?

As far as running rich, most vehicles do run slightly rich during startup when cold. That should go away after the engine warms up. It should rev to about 2k rpm, then drop down from there depending on how much the engine is warmed. Expect the start up idle to continue longer as the weather is colder.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
So I guess you know its running rich based on some sort of guage? You didnt smell un-burnt fuel did you, like on cars without cats and old carb'd beasts right?

It will run rich to heat that cat up quicker to start the catalyzing process, but its not going make any diffrence in the way it starts. Sometimes you just happen to shut it down in the best spot for it to start up quick.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah......maybe it was just in the right place, cause the gauge shows no abnormal ranges or anything.... and I've checked every inch of the car after I got it and did what was necessary (just for a background) meh I guess everything is fine.... just struck me as odd, starting like that. lol thanks guys. [hihi]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts