Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had our ‘14 Focus SE sitting outside the garage for a couple months before sending it in for transmission issues. Long story short, we’re being told there is damage to the high side FP wiring harness/connector. Rodent damage. Found the part online for much cheaper but have not been able to locate any replacement how-to besides splicing guides. Not having the car in my garage, I can’t go crack the hood and see for myself. Is this a difficult job to repair in terms of harness location and overall accessibility? They also suggested the low side pressure sensor was shot. Figured do one thing at a time.

Car (according to tech) is difficult to start and has no acceleration once turned over.

Thank you for any info. The tech I’ve been speaking with is difficult to extract details from.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I'd just get them to get it going/repaired if they know what they're doing.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would, but they’re estimate is $820 for parts and labor. I’m just wanting to know if it’s as straight forward as it seems or if there’s a lot involved (besides just splicing) where $820 is better than doing it myself.

Thank you for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts