Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering what kind of high flow cats u guys are using out there? i know most chocies where the RT cats, but im also wondering about the magnaflow cats. its cheaper then the RT. but for who used the magnaflow ones... how is/was it? any flaws?

please put some detailed feedback, not RT FOR THE WIN \kind of feedback.

thanks for the feedback!
-TOE

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
If you are gonna get one 5 months from now I will sell you mine that is used....

I LOVE the RT cat....never had a problem with it.....but now that I am boosted I can hear it restricting the exhaust.

I LOVED it N/A though. I paid $360 for it and it hurt the bank but it was DEF worth it, sounds like stock, just a little louder.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
I know you don't want to hear it....but I use the Random Tech....It is awesome.

I know they make some universal high flow kits for cheap, but you have to custom weld it into the exhaust piping.

Now your from Maine, what are the Exhaust regulations up there? **Being that you may live out in the boonies (no offense) you might be able to get away with an Off Road Pipe and a quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ive been using a focus central hi flow cat and freakin love it. you wont notice much of a difference until you open up the entire exhaust system, but yeah, if i swapped the stock one back in i would hate my car... :) also made my exhaust noise a bit louder and raspier[thumb]

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
mid range it makes alittle bit more. look in the zetec dyno section, im in there with my dyno. mid range is where its at for DD.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know you don't want to hear it....but I use the Random Tech....It is awesome.

I know they make some universal high flow kits for cheap, but you have to custom weld it into the exhaust piping.

Now your from Maine, what are the Exhaust regulations up there? **Being that you may live out in the boonies (no offense) you might be able to get away with an Off Road Pipe and a quiet exhaust.
hey none taken man, i know where i live and it sucks. but i really don't have a emission test here, i can get a sticker with just stroll around the car with a guy i know. only thing that is on my mind is, the popoe(cops) they are bungholes!
But my exhaust(borla) is raelly quite, almost like stock, i think due to my resinnatior(spell check)

If i did go with a off road, what choices are out there and is there spots to hook up my o2? i really don't want to throw off my car with sensor... im kinda anal about that (... when a light is on i gota find the problem...)

and as for the universal cats.... no thanks, im not that cheap on my baby! i like name brand items. but thanks for the offers/opinion!

please keep the post flowing!

i found my 2.5inch flex... getting it from mcNews...

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
I would HIGHLY recommend getting an OFR pipe or even better....getting long tube headers.

If you go that route and then get a Focus Sport Stealth exhaust.....you will be running THE BEST system next to the SVT setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts