Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now i have a magnaflow cat back wont the headers make the exhaust even louder.. what im trying to do is not have an obnoxiusly loud i would want to take a trip w/o having a head ache

·
Registered
170 Posts
try the OBX short header/high flow cat combo.(on Ebay for about $150 bucks)Good gains and little noise.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought a Hight Flow Cat from McNews Atuomotive over a week ago (have not gotten it yet). It's from Random Technologies. I spent some time on the phone with them, very nice people, very knowledgable. McNews came very highly recomended. The RT guys seem to have a top notch system, though not cheep. New cats are not cheep to begin with so you might as well spend the little extra and get the one thats made exactly for the focus. I shelled out $320 for the cat. its got a 2.5" inlet and 2.25" outlet. Its the only direct bolt on cat I found.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
breakaway said:
why bother?That crappy stock header has to go before you can make any real gains.
Actually the biggest restriction in the stock exhaust system (after the stock flexpipe, piping and mufflers) is the catalytic converter. It has a 1.875" outlet pipe, so even if you put a shorty 4-1 header on it with an aftermarket catback and matching flexpipe, you'll see little or no gains.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
If you can afford it, go with the Random Tech Hi-Flo. I had this installed and it rocked. Your car will benefit with a full header-to-muffler upgrade and a tune to really extract the most you can out of your engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts