Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has used both, random tech and focus central high flow cat. If so which one did you like better? Or is there any documented proof that the random tech is better? And yes i did a search, but seems a little biased when you've only used one or the other. Thanks

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well i have the random tech, no complaints, doezs its job, from what i hear the FC isnt so resistant to corrosion, as most of their exhaust products arnt

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've had a focus central cat since May this year, and it still looks like the day I bought it...kinda rust colored, but no really rough rust spots. It looks like it'll last a while (same condition as the stock one I took off...well, a little less rust). I don't notice it getting any rustier looking.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have the Random Tech also. I haven't ever tried the FC one. But the only complaint that I had against the RT was the stupid gasket that came with it.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
FC=pros: cheaper, looks close to stock for inspection
cons: non stainless, shanty welds, less horsepower, annoying as hell...BZZZZZZZ

RT=pros: more horsepower, great welds and construction, decent sound
cons: price

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the Random Tech also. I haven't ever tried the FC one. But the only complaint that I had against the RT was the stupid gasket that came with it.
At least yours came with a task. I had to order a kit for $17 from Random tech. Graphite Gaskets right?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
It was paper like. Yeah I think that's what it was. Just used the metal gasket from the shorty header and all was good after that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Can I ask what problems you had? I don't want to have any complications after I've been waiting so long to put on this damn high flow cat.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well the RT i have was used when i bought it, dont think i got any gaskets w/ it....but there are gaskets on it..[scratch].......anyhow it just kind of turned this goldish bronze color, i had to use some muscle to get it to fit up tothe FR header though, they both wanted to go in different directions

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I had a major exhaust leak. Whenever you gave it a little gas, it kinda made a buzzing sound. Really loud. You could get lucky and maybe get a better gaket with yours. Who knows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts