Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, heres my question:
ok, so im planning to get a hi-flo cat and maybe headers, but im not planning to get a turbo or w.e. so im thinking new headers would be a waste but a hi-flo cat is gonna help me a bit, as of now i pretty much have only a steeda sri and a 2.25 bosal cat back.. + i dont want to throw $400 for a rt high flow cat or any oher expensive cats, so i looked on ebay for an universal fit cats so id be able to or the shop just weld it to my header and run a bit bigger flex to my catback.. so heres the options:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/UNIVERSAL-FIT-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-DODGE-NEON-FORD-FOCUS_W0QQitemZ360084934841QQihZ023QQcategoryZ33631QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and the second one:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/OBX-High-Flow-2-25-Universal-Ceramic-Cat-Converter_W0QQitemZ170256449429QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so would the shop be able to weld the 2.5' cat to my headers or that 2.25' would be a better idea? and how would it work with an universal cat? would it even fit lol i shoulda started from that?
thx in advance
+ looks like i might have to make an 02 cheater for that 2.5' hi-flo cat right?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
a shop can weld it up for you for fairly cheap. unless you need to stay emissions legal, just go w/ race headers!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup emissions is the problem so need a cat, otherwise i woulda got a long tube [:D]

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya but i dont have any friends from usa that lives close and when i was ordering my intake and exhaust from there they shipped it my friends friend in troy and i dont really wanna ask you know what i mean, i live in canada btw, so but i tried to email them about shipping to canada and theyve never replied.. so im trying to get something cheaper :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
CFM ships to canada. i ordered from them and they were quick and efficient about it. The price will change (obviously from USD to CDN so it will look slightly more expensive) and you have to pay a small fee for customs or w/e. but they do ship to Canada because i live in canada w00t!

·
Registered
308 Posts
so would that one be emission legal?

·
Registered
308 Posts
the one from focus.c-f-m.com i mean.....

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^ya i know what you mean, ive had some bad experience, but i decided not to get anything for now, coz im not planning to get any turbos or anything, so id just get what 6-7hp for $300.. i dont thing its worth it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts