Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the focus community and car modifications as well. I want to get a high flow catalytic converter for my 2004 svt. Google and ebaymotors arent giving me the full confidence that I'm getting a part made for my car and I want to know what you guys think and if there is somewhere better I should look. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
369 Posts
^^^^ I second this motion as well. Or if you don't live in an emission nazi state, you could always add a resonator or just let off the gas when rolling by a cop :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
dont waste your money on a "high flow" cat. all the honey comb style are. the older pellet style cats hurt flow, but you dont have one of those.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
dont waste your money on a "high flow" cat. all the honey comb style are. the older pellet style cats hurt flow, but you dont have one of those.
and has you had a HFC on your SVT?

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
dont buy the hype. I wouldnt buy any "high flow" cat for any car because if its the honey comb style you already got it. only worth it if you have the older pellet style which has been long gone
thats not what i asked , have you yourself taken your stock cat off and put on a HFC then -[driving] ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
volcom stone 1966, have you found that you do make more power with a HFC? I could probably run an ORP in NC, but i dont wanna be too loud.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
No. I dont like to waste money [:D]
then you dont know what the hell your takin about..

volcom stone 1966, have you found that you do make more power with a HFC? I could probably run an ORP in NC, but i dont wanna be too loud.
its not like i have dynos or somethin but you can feel the
difference - that dude dont know what hes talkin about
you can ask anyone on here with a HFC or ORP and im sure they will
tell you its sure better then the stock cat..

i had a ORP but was to loud/rice sounding with my MBRP catback
for me so i took it off and put on a HFC
on my superchaged SVT i have a Jay Racing HFC with a Borla catback

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
its not going to get you huge gains. maybe only like 3 to 5 HP but you can tell the difference in the sound quality. it doesn't make it really really loud like an off road pipe would but it still gets you a little better sound. I really like mine. I think it was money well spent.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have an orp and it made a huge differance. Plus it cost me all of 25 bucks to make
Posted via FF Mobile

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
cfm quality isn't the best, my HFC along with another michiganders HFC both broke in the same place because of a bad weld. I would recommend getting a HFC though because the gains are nice and the sound is sexy

·
Registered
291 Posts

http://www.c-f-m.com/images/cfm_svt_pipes_dyno.jpg

Looks to me like a decent improvement between roughly 3000 rpm to 4500 rpm for both torque and hp on a NA engine. I'd expect a little more improvement when coupled with a supercharged car.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Have you used this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIGH...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3369b378a0

I bet you havent, so you can not tell me it doesnt work?
Its common car sense, that will tell you it doesnt work. If you know how cars work and how each part is made then you would know there is no "high flow" cat.

CFM uses magnaflow cats which, If you need a stock replacement cat for any car thats were you would get if from. There website says nothing about high flow. As for the dyno charts, you can dyno the same car a number of times and never get the same numbers. so 5hp is hard to measure.
I bet if someone swiched out your "high flow" cat with the stock one you would never notice the difference and think you still had it.

I am taking about HFC not ORP thats completely different.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
There's actually someone who had done the stupid thing and ordered one of those electric superchargers ... and yes ... NO GAINS WHAT SO EVER.

I have driven an SVT With both a High-Flo Cat and OffRoad Pipe and both brought gains in TQ and HP ... of course not a whole lot on N/A cars ... but quite a good amount just under 8 HP and 6-7 TQ to the Wheels.

There have been plenty of people on the site who drive SVTFs and agree that either a HFC or a ORP is a great investment for some more power, probably one of the best bolt-ons for power.

Because the Intakes don't do much if anything and same goes for the Exhaust ... but the SVTFs have a restrictive CAT and companies like CFM have created a great compromise to fix that issue.

I now drive an SVTF with an ORP and it drives better on the top end ... and the HFC pulls better in the lower RPMs. So, again ... either one is a win.

-Ray-

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
Its common car sense, that will tell you it doesnt work. If you know how cars work and how each part is made then you would know there is no "high flow" cat.

CFM uses magnaflow cats which, If you need a stock replacement cat for any car thats were you would get if from. There website says nothing about high flow. As for the dyno charts, you can dyno the same car a number of times and never get the same numbers. so 5hp is hard to measure.
I bet if someone swiched out your "high flow" cat with the stock one you would never notice the difference and think you still had it.

I am taking about HFC not ORP thats completely different.
well we are not talkin about "any car"
you still dont know what your talkin about when it come to the SVTs cat

so maybe this will help you out

·
Registered
147 Posts
well we are not talkin about "any car"
you still dont know what your talkin about when it come to the SVTs cat

so maybe this will help you out
Hmmm... no pics of the insides? Dont bother looking for one because they look idenitcal. All modern cats are made of the same style. Doesnt matter what you call it, high flow, stock replacement, OEM they are all made of the same insides. FIN

1 - 20 of 44 Posts