Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.3 Duratec Turbo
I'm having issues with my tune, or perhaps something mechanical.
MAF isn't pegged, thinking I might be running out of injector (80's) if its not tune related. Fuel pressure is good. No misfires.

Wastegate set to 35psi, rev limit 7500

What happens is usually higher rpm 5-6k, 20-25 psi boost, 3rd or 4th gear, does it almost repeatedly, will pull fuel to dangerously lean levels. Command 11.5, holds steady all the way up, then just pulls out, fast. Usually around 6k. I threw fuel at the MAF transfer (25%), then scaled tune 50% (because I didn't do that figured maybe it would help), failed transfer table is spot on. Didn't change. Still pulls back to 16afr. This was strapped to dyno after street run to rule out pump starvation
Would this be the injectors maxing out? Or is there some kind of airflow limit I forgot in the tune?

·
FF Affiliate
30,774 Posts
No Injectors are not maxing out , shoot me a datalog to the email below and I will try to help

Waste gate set to 35psi ? How much HP you trying to make ?

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The goal is to run 9's in the 1/4, shooting for 5-600hp. What's the email? It doesn't show links. I overwrote my previous log by accident so I'll have to make another one when the snow melts, but I can send the most recent one I have, before I scaled the tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts