Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm having a little trouble with my 05 Focus ST. I will be driving down the road and my radio will cut off and then turn back on but at the same time the abs light will flicker along with a few other indicator lights like the car has just been turned back on and the high beam indicator light will flash and my high beams will flash. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Jon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey,

I'm having a little trouble with my 05 Focus ST. I will be driving down the road and my radio will cut off and then turn back on but at the same time the abs light will flicker along with a few other indicator lights like the car has just been turned back on and the high beam indicator light will flash and my high beams will flash. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Jon
Sorry for the bump on such an old post but I am having the same problem in my 05 Focus. The high beam indicator flashes, I hear the relay clicking and engine power is drastically reduced to a stutter when it occurs. The lights also dim every time the indicator flashes, which is fast, like once every second or even a little faster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi did anyone solve this problem yet? My Ford Focus 2005 has the same problems. Headlight indicator lamp flickers and IAV clicks. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My son's 2005 is having the exact problem. After reading Mike's post, I visually inspected the noise suppressor. At a glance, everything looks good. Before I burn up my weekend troubleshooting this issue, has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My son's 2005 is having the exact problem. After reading Mike's post, I visually inspected the noise suppressor. At a glance, everything looks good. Before I burn up my weekend troubleshooting this issue, has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

I had some other stuff clear up after I replaced the factory radio as well. Theory is, maybe my radio had a short and blew the noise suppressor ground off? Maybe the fix was really replacing the radio and of course repairing the ground. You can try to unplug the radio and see if that makes a difference. I still have the car and never had the problem again. 30,000 miles + now.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hey Mykidscar, im a technician and i had a customer car come in today, 2004 Focus Sedan, after test driving and seeing his issue i pretty much assumed bad wiring, as i guessed it after plugging in the IDS and the Power probe 4 i came to find that underneath the radio, the harness that connects to it rubs on the metal/plastic frame on the right hand side, that little harness meets up with the main harness, looks like overtime and enough rubbing the wires start to tear open and short each other out, his did it when bumps were hit, not sure if its your issue but its worth to check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the delayed update...

Checked all wiring/connections behind headunit and gave the noise suppressor another look. I think the issue was with one of two ground points under the hood. I cleaned up the ground points and replaced one of the ground wires. No problems so far. Also, it's been about a week and the airbag light is longer on so that's a bonus.
Thanks again for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts