Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I race a 2003 svt 2 door hatch at a very high banked 1/4 mile oval track. It is supposed to be a stock class, but I have a few modifications done. I have a really bad push coming out of the corners that makes me have to lift so I do not hit the wall. I have megan racing springs in the rear, with stock shocks. I have an aftermarket rear sway bar that is stiffer from the stock swaybar. I have stock front suspension in the front, with the stock bump stop in. The computer is stock, we just increased the rev limiter to 7300. The engine has a shaved head, which allows us to run race gas. (111 octane). We have to run 215/65/r15 tires to have our gear ratio work, as we run in 2nd gear. we have tried running 185/60/r14 and 3rd gear but do not have quite enough rpm. At the moment I am 17, running down a championship with 2 races left. I have 4 career feature wins, 3 from this year, and 1 last night. Any help would be much appreciated, let me know as soon as possible what other information you need to help out. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
You're running race gas on a stock tune? Seems like you could benefit from an aftermarket tune. Seems real interesting though, do you have any pictures on the track?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Anything done yet to get more camber at the right front?

If you can't get away with slotted adjustments, the shock can be bent "accidentally" where it enters the knuckle to give you more.

Sledge & 4X4 at the top of the knuckle to "Adjust' it (w/spare shock if you go too far).

An older thread in the racing sections here mentions the various options, and the great result one racer had from the RF wheel getting hit to adjust this.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Where's the rear toe? Back it off to zero yet?

Hard to guess much not knowing the local rules & what you can get away with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts