Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

HID headlights
Phillips Germany 4200k D2S 85122+ bulbs with casper shields to fit H4 & give them cutoff... not nearly the cutoff of projectors, but not as bad as just shoving bulbs in there

HID foglights
Xenon-Vision 3000k

more of this car

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
comparison shots...

standing close up (what they look like when you walk up)

crouching close up (trying to get the max glare from both... simulates a raccoon? lol)

crouching from a distance (trying to simulate an approaching car)

quite a bit brighter ;)

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
sick, and its also nice to see that it has its own bulit in cutoff shield.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
You call that a cutoff? I'd say you have more work to do. Sorry to be rude but this is a ricer mod in my eyes, sometimes literally.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
^^ditto...there is absolutely no cutoffs in those pics.

you WILL blind oncoming traffic

no projectors? no HID! <<--my new signature!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
^^^^^
I don't support Hid's in anything but projectors either, BUT

I believe he is parked really close to that wall in the cutoff pic.
Being so close wouldn't show the cutoff like being 25 foot away would.
OP: Park 25 ft away from a wall and get us a pic, or we will not support your HID's.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
^^^^^
I don't support Hid's in anything but projectors either, BUT

I believe he is parked really close to that wall in the cutoff pic.
Being so close wouldn't show the cutoff like being 25 foot away would.
OP: Park 25 ft away from a wall and get us a pic, or we will not support your HID's.
Being parked closer to the wall would show a sharper cutoff, not worse.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i love it. mine kinda looks like that but not an svt and has blue hids in both heads and fogs

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Woops, your are correct. Guess I had a brain fart.[hihi]

Umm not right. It will only produce a sharper cut off up to a certain point at which you then see both beams of light as two because the projectors do this.

Still that cut off has much much to be desired. Works for now seems a bit high to me. Get behind a car and take a pic i want to see where it hits the car.

Can't say at the moment that i approve.

And scrammer WHY!!! I wanted to do that lol.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have one now as a desktop background is that ok :)
nice! do you want a large version? what resolution is your desktop?

... or we will not support your HID's.
I won't be losing any sleep over it.

...you have more work to do.
I know. I'm still trying to decide what to do about it, just posted pictures so everyone would know exactly what HID bulbs in standard fixtures looks like.

I was extremely unsatisfied with the OEM lighting, then saw a good deal on the HID fogs. After installing those, my headlights looked like a joke with the fogs on, you could barely even see them. I had to do something about that, but I don't have the money for real SVT HIDs. I then found the phillips bulbs really cheap on here, so I picked them up to see how they would work.

I haven't decided which ebay projectors to get, mainly because I don't know what size bulbs they all take. If someone wants to help me out with some info on them, I'd really appreciate it. I want the HID bulbs that I already have to fit into the projectors, preferably without the cutoff shield (since the projector should take care of that). I also think some of the ebay headlights are really ugly.

Oh, another thing: I initially aimed them like I normally would, using the garage door. After a quick test drive, and about every other person flashing their brights at me, I had to pull into a lot and aim them down to where they were in that pic (which is on a slope btw, so they are aiming up). I have not had a single person flash me since (about 5 days, lots of driving). The visibility is not as far as OEM brights now, much closer to the area lit by the OEM lows, but the area that is lit is very bright.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ebay projectors... subjective opinions

these are the only ones i like for now

or in black

any other suggestions?
which looks better on my car?
what sizes of bulbs do those take... anyone know?
anyone put HIDs in those yet?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Thats because the H4 Bi-Xenon have a small very very poor quality, high beam halogen high bulb.

The ones you posted are a MACH HID look alike basically. I will tell you now. 100% the bulbs you are sporting now in the headlights. Will never fit an aftermarket or retro fitted headlight. The H4 is designed to be primarily used as a dual low/high thus it having three prongs. And the harness having three wires. Sadly it wont fit too large and the length is far from what most use.

A few use H1 very few though because they are not the best headlight bulb to be used as a driving more as a high beam. Alot of them use an H7. Which is what i have in my Acura TSX retro fitted headlights. And the ones i am finishing now.

The H7 is basically a D2S bulb which is what nearly all OEM factory HID setups use inside of them.

The cutoff will never be anything to be desired because they can't produce without a nice nice shield a member here with a jeep showed me his. They were actually astonishing. To say the least. Also a newer E-code (euro) lens would have to be used to reduce lens glare produced by said HID.

Any more questions feel free to ask.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i run Phillips Germany 4200k D2S 85122+ bulbs with casper shields as adapters to fit H4 headlights...

would that fit into any inexpensive projectors? looks like those headlights i posted take H1's for driving and high beams... seems odd.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Doesnt seem odd alot of headlights depending on housing and projector style will use different HID bulbs.

Your H4's i can guarantee will not fit into any aftermarket projectors i have seen or had in my hands myself.

It's sad to say and i know you spent a nice number on those phillips but they are not going to fit whatosever. I do ALOT of headlight work and reading to learn more. They wont fit sir.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts