Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a set of projectors from Cosmo Dynamic on ebay. I currently have an HID kit but purchased a new set of H1 bulbs for these projectors. Today while installing everything I found that the HID bulbs will not fit into the back of the projector. Basically you have the bulb and a very thin wire which runs from the tip of the bulb back to the base. This wire is preventing the bulb from fitting into the housing properly. Did they redesign the housings to not accept HID bulbs at all? The H1 bulb that came with the projectors obviously fits in there with no problems. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
537 Posts
pics of the two different bulbs please... if they are different at the base if the bulb, they probably won't fit the same...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bulbs are both H1's. The HID bulb has the thin wire running along side of it which is getting in the way. I'll try to get a picture.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here's some quick pics of the bulbs. Sorry about the quality.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
yep, i had to take a pen file and file the hole bigger to get my bulbs in. same issue. beware of metal dust inside. maybe blow it out with air

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess that's what I'll have to do then. I've never heard of anyone else having this problem though.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i had to do the exact same thing with my ebay headlights. i finally ended up epoxying them into the housing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts