Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hav a 2001 white zx3 and i want to get HIDs for both my headlights and fog lights..alot of people get blue headlights(8000k) and yellow fogs(3000k)..im not sure i wanna do that..
any suggestions?

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I would do the fogs at 3k and the headlights at either 4300k, or 5k. I wouldn't go any higher than 6k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HID kits

Another thing you have got to watch is the Watts.. some of these kits are just 35 watts but 50watts is the one to go for.... unless someone begs to differ !

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
do you have projector headlights? im talking about some kind of aftermarket housing.
if you attempt to place HIDs in a reflector style housing you will be blinding ALL oncoming traffic.

10000k hids will not promote good usable light output. its too far in the purple side of the spectrum. it may look cool, but is not nearly as functional as say 6000k lights.

the 3000k fogs are ok as long as you have projector style fogs.
sn4ckm4st3r and i have preached and preached to people NOT to place a HID bulb in a reflector housing. there is a cutoff adapter available, but its functionality is questionable. snacky has a thread on it.

what im telling you is this. DONT buy a HID kit unless you plan on upgrading your entire headlight assembly.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
if you attempt to place HIDs in a reflector style housing you will be blinding ALL oncoming traffic.

what im telling you is this. DONT buy a HID kit unless you plan on upgrading your entire headlight assembly.

I'm totally with scrammer on this one! I hate it when i see (or am blinded by) retro fitted HID's. As far as the bulb, its really going to be your choice so make sure you do your research!

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
do you have projector headlights? im talking about some kind of aftermarket housing.

10000k hids will not promote good usable light output. its too far in the purple side of the spectrum. it may look cool, but is not nearly as functional as say 6000k lights.

the 3000k fogs are ok as long as you have projector style fogs.
sn4ckm4st3r and i have preached and preached to people NOT to place a HID bulb in a reflector housing. there is a cutoff adapter available, but its functionality is questionable. snacky has a thread on it.

X2!!

I'm totally with scrammer on this one! I hate it when i see (or am blinded by) retro fitted HID's. As far as the bulb, its really going to be your choice so make sure you do your research!
Properly retro-fitted lights with HID bulbs in projector housings won't blind you, HIDs in reflector housings will [thumb]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my headlights and fogs are stock...
im thinknig about getting around 6k for both..but for the fogs jus getting LED bulbs cuz i cant afford another HID kit right now :\
good idea? i got a lil confused with all the things u guys said lol

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Then i'd say do your research before doing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

02SilverSVT, your right! i was referring to the HIDs in reflector housings cause when i get my halo projectors im putting HID's in them :-D

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Well there is where im different. I wanna do it the way i want to not the way Focusfanatics says to. Not to be ragging on people but everyone wants to do it right by putting them in projectors and not do it there own way.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well HIDs in projectors is the RIGHT way and the LEGAL way to do it. If you wanna be cheap and do a half a**ed hack job and get pulled over all the time and blind people then put em in a halogen housing. Just dont post and ask why the beam pattern is crap

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
do it your own way. we dont care, as long as i dont have to be blinded.
besdies, car forums arent here to offer smart advise now are they?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do it your own way. we dont care, as long as i dont have to be blinded.
besdies, car forums arent here to offer smart advise now are they?
for what i kno, car forums are to share thoughts and talk about cars...
but im jus asking for help cus i realy dont kno much..
where can i get good cheap projectors? and by projectors you mean headlights?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
ebay, is a good and usual source for projector headlights. now there's not really a better projector housing than the other, they're pretty much the same. it just depends what style u want.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
and also, if you plan to even add hid's in the headlight housing, i really suggest that you some aiming with your headlights. there's no such thing as a "pulg and play" kit

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Well HIDs in projectors is the RIGHT way and the LEGAL way to do it. If you wanna be cheap and do a half a**ed hack job and get pulled over all the time and blind people then put em in a halogen housing. Just dont post and ask why the beam pattern is crap
Well all i got to say to that is i have never been pulled over and rarely ever get flashed with someones high beams. And i have never in my life asked why my beam patter is crap cause frankly i dont care about it. Im just trying to help this guy find hids so he can have his car the way he wants.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts