Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done an HID conversion on an 05+ model yet? I've been looking into it but not sure on it yet. If anyone has, what Kelvin temp did you get? i would think it would look wierd if you didn't do the fogs too. I like to have all my lights look the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
I did it on mine. I got either 4300 or 5000K, I forget what they offered as the lowest. It is brighter than stock, but the light does scatter worse than stock does as well so it's not a smooth beam all across.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
i have a 5k kit on my car with stock housing. i feel that the glare is really not bad in the headlights. All of my friends say that the glare is fine unlike other cars, and have never been high beamed for them. I reaimed after install and think this was one of the best mods on my foci. Also i don't have any fogs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
I have yet to see a true HID kit for the 05's. Unless it is custom pulled out of another vehicle with the inverter and everything intact. The only issue I forsee in that is the pattern of light wil;l scatter greatly due to the way HID kit are designed with the projector part of it and the lens ect. I know if you look at the HID on EAP foci with true HID the light is very define looking like this

_____/______/


while HID kits or ones taken from other kits without the correct designed housing do a big blurr with no defione lines that true correct HID kits have.

I herd however in about 4-5 months there is to be a Projector HID based system avalible for the 05 but it will be a completly diffrent headlight hence making oyur old housing useless. There is some hope for the 05-07 but I dont know how much as the 08 redesign may leave 05-07 wanting more aftermarket parts.
 

·
☼
Joined
·
7,494 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
I herd however in about 4-5 months there is to be a Projector HID based system avalible for the 05 but it will be a completly diffrent headlight hence making oyur old housing useless. There is some hope for the 05-07 but I dont know how much as the 08 redesign may leave 05-07 wanting more aftermarket parts.
Where did you hear this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
fashtek.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,340 Posts
will the HID's from the Euro mondeo work on the newer Foci. They look like a perfet fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Sorry to bump a kind of old thread but it’s the most recent I could find on this topic. Any word on who is developing HIDs for the 05-07?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Glad I didn't wait for them to come out with some projectors for this car. I've been enjoying my lights a lot, even though I wish I still had a true "high" beam instead of it just getting slightly brighter to show high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,262 Posts
There's a chance that the MkII Euro Focus headlamps will fit the facelift US Focus (since the hood is very similar, the grille is the same and the lamps look identical,) but the only way to find out is to order the headlamps from a site like european-parts.net and potentially eat the price of the lamps plus international shipping if they don't fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
05sangriaZX3 said:
i have a 5k kit on my car with stock housing. i feel that the glare is really not bad in the headlights. All of my friends say that the glare is fine unlike other cars, and have never been high beamed for them. I reaimed after install and think this was one of the best mods on my foci. Also i don't have any fogs
hey do you have any pics of the headlights and the HID kits? also who did ubuy them from and how much... im really interested in an HID kit for my foci. I stay up in the So Cal Area...TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
SkaAddict said:
There's a chance that the MkII Euro Focus headlamps will fit the facelift US Focus (since the hood is very similar, the grille is the same and the lamps look identical,) but the only way to find out is to order the headlamps from a site like european-parts.net and potentially eat the price of the lamps plus international shipping if they don't fit.
If I remember right, a member on here or FJ has already tried that and found out they don't fit, do a lil search on here and FJ.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top