Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about doing it, any suggestions? I was gonna get an HID kit thats either 4300k or 6000k and install them in the stock locations and run the ballasts of the power already going to the halogen fog lights. Anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
sure, you just need a plug and play kit that will install right into your factory location.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What bulbs are used for fog lights on the 05-07 Foci?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Fog Light is H11

·
Registered
533 Posts
Im thinking about doing the same thing when i get my headlights done. The 05-07 fogs do have a good cut-off line already

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
My fog lights are H1 NOT H11. That's my problem right now. I have HID headlights, but can't find a TRUE white fog bulb.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
i think the stock fogs are pretty badass, super bright with good throw...i have the nokia yellow bulbs with the laminex yellow covers, awesome visibility

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
there is a company that makes hid bulbs that fit the stock ballasts, but i dont remember their name.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
me? lol.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The stock bulbs are halogen, they wouldn't need a ballast.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My fog lights are H1 NOT H11. That's my problem right now. I have HID headlights, but can't find a TRUE white fog bulb.
How are yours H1?? do you have a SAP front bumper or something? I thought all 05-07 were H11 except who has the SAP front bumper

I wish sylvania made a silverstar's for H11

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Yes I have the SAP.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was going to buy 2 sets of HID's. One for low beams and one for fog lights. From what i've been reading and from what I understand, can I buy a H1 HID kit and will it go in my SAP front bumper? Was all ready to order then read a few posts, now im hesitant..

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
If you do it please showpictures. I'm still trying to figure out if I wanna do that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So do I buy a H1 HID kit or do I have to buy a different kit?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered an H11 HID kit, I'll take some pictures after I get it and have it installed in the car to show the difference in light output.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts