Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the OEM fogs, any problems? Melting, etc.

I'm looking at this kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Optix-Slim-...:Ford|Model:Focus&hash=item1c366716a4&vxp=mtr

It says plug n play - ya or na? I work pretty much every day so I can't have the lights not working for any more than a day, really. I drive through the night, so no lights would be a concern. Hence why I'm asking what seems like stupid questions.

Also, is that kit a good kit or should I look at something else?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They will work fine. Also had a DDM kit in mine. 55w.

Nothing will melt.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was

·
Registered
725 Posts
so running HID's in stock housing wont cause issues? also is there any way to adjust the beam IE up or down mine seem to not illuminate much ahead just whats in front of my bumper lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
thats why they call em ditch lights LOL
lol never heard that term but i ask because my buddy has his lights facing forward to the point where you can actually drive with them like normal lights and see the road i just didnt know if thats how there supposed to light up or if i can adjust the angle of the "beam"

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I just checked DDM's and the price isn't much difference so I'll probably go with that. I'll start with the fogs and then go to the headlights.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There are adjusters on the fogs. I don't know how much you can actually aim them though. Never bothered with it. They're not meant to illuminate the road to the point you can drive with just them. They're meant to illuminate the road just in front of you in a fog

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Meh. 2009+, they changed the fog mounting for the 2009 front bumper refresh. Guess I'll just get LED bulbs instead. Cheaper anyway.

·
Registered
652 Posts
They work fine. Even on 2012 focus

·
Registered
20 Posts

I diddnt have any problems for over 2 years til I got rid of the car. They were actually my main source of light at night because my headlights were pretty much black

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Why did you get rid of them? Do you have pics?
Lots of lens flare. They don't glare that bad at all. Just look at the driver side and you'll see.

I got rid of them because:

1) I broke the bulbs when removing the bumper to install my turbo kit
2) I didn't have the space to keep the ballasts mounted where they were because the charge pipes had priority over space.
3) Halogens are easier to get and don't have to wait for shipping.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It ships from China... What'd you expect?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't notice that until now when you saying so sent me researching. That makes more sense now.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It's a very rare occasion that they ship from stateside.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts