Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself some of the HID headlamps, how hard is it going to be for me to wire these bad boys up?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
So the kit came with the two H4 adaptors, wirings and a ballast right? I've installed a kit on my cousins Celica and its fairly easy. You need to take off the headlight, mount the ballast and install the H4 adaptors where your regular bulbs usually go.

The only problem is that he has two bulbs and we have one on our Focus. This means you will no longer have functional high-beams.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Did it come with a wire harness. If not you can get one from a VW dealership or the Ford dealership. They use to be like $30 for both but Ford hacked up the price now and I think it's $40 for EACH ONE.

Here is a very good website on instructions with pictures and step by step.

HERE

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yep I'm just waiting till I find a Focus with HID's in the Junkyard. I wanted those headlights so bad, but I had to start going to school so no money to spend on non-essential items.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yeah, if I can ever afford them or like you, find some in a junkyard, I know where to go to see me how to hook them up. Thanks, dude[thumb]

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you gotta make friendly with sombody at your local dealership. my buddy out here got them for me for $400 with some creative priceing....[hihi]

·
Registered
419 Posts
man i wish they were 400 for the set here, one dealer i checked said it would be $450 per light but if someone could get them for me a litle cheaper it would be greatly apreaicated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts