Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the directions on Alf's Website pertain to a 2003 model non-svt focus as well as 2002 and prior. I have a 2003 ZX3 and I am about a smidge away from ordering the HID's for my car. I get them discounted, because I work for a Ford Dealer. The rumor floating around is that on the 2003 models, it is simply plug and play to upgrade to the HID mach audio lights. Can anyone confirm this? I am already preparing for the worst and am ordering all the extra VW parts that the site calls for. I already have the ford wiring adaptors and 15 amp fuses too. After reviewing the directions, a technician agreed to install them for me. However, can anyone confirm that the 2003 model years are plug and play? That would be great if they were. Thank you everyone for your help!

BevinZX3
2003 Pitch Black ZX3 Power Premium
-Purchased at Sill-TerHar Motors
--S2 Spoiler
--Clear Bra
--Window Tint
--ZX5 Chrome Hatch Piece
--SVT Contour Leather Shift Knob

·
Registered
219 Posts
I believe you need to splice into them the same as on an older model.
You can buy the adaptor for the light so that all you'll need to do is wire up the VW plug and connect it to the factory harness.

I have the
ST170's and wiring those were easy, either way you decide to do it.

Check your PM.

Bryan

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, as of tonight, the lights are installed in my car. Everything works fine. It took about 8 hours to install, while doing other things. I had a lot of help from various techs. The only thing I am worried about is when I put my fog lights on. I don't want to cause an overload. But, they look great and perform really well. It is really cool to drive to at night. Just thought I'd share that. I'll post some pics when I get some time to take some. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, i'm in the same situation...have an 03 svt but did not come with Mach HID lights. I got a replica Mach set and have converted to HID with a kit, ballast and son. It does look to have 2 separate plug ins on each headlamp. My question is, how do I get the rest of the lights to work, they don't come on? Only low beam Hid, I wired those up and plugged into regular harness.

Thanks,
Stromberg2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts