Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I purchased a set of Depo HID projectors used and one has the bulb holder broken. I have the metal piece that holds the bulb in but it's not attached to the projector like the other is. Pictures below. Do you think the ignitor would be able to hold it in by itself?

Normal one

Broken one

Click to enlarge.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I can check mine out later, maybe drill a hole in the side ther then just zip tie the one side down?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Those the same projectors from the machs? If they are and your plan to fix it fails, I think I could hook you up with a spare projector I have

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are from the depo branded machs so the projectors are different then the OEM machs. If you had two projectors your giving away then sure haha but I did a test (I don't have the bulb so I can't do much testing) by running the metal part of a twist tie through a small hole and attaching it to the bulb holder wire, I can then pull it extremely tight against the projector housing. I just don't know if it will make the bulb crooked or if the ignitor helps balance the bulb.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
yeah If I remember right the bulb will be held on by the ignitor that twists over it, so there will be pressure over the bulb from that keeping it in place

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Just messed with some extra stuff I have and the bulb is a really tight fit in the ignitor, and the ignitor is real tight on the projector. I dont thin you need that wire thing at all just as long as you get the notches in the bulb lined up with the channels in the projector, and thats just so the bulb goes in the right direction (not upside down or anything). youll be fine

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just messed with some extra stuff I have and the bulb is a really tight fit in the ignitor, and the ignitor is real tight on the projector. I dont thin you need that wire thing at all just as long as you get the notches in the bulb lined up with the channels in the projector, and thats just so the bulb goes in the right direction (not upside down or anything). youll be fine
Thanks, that's helps out a lot! I'll probably still rig it up so the wire thing holds it on there somewhat until the ignitor gets put on it but it's nice to know the ignitor will hold the bulb up on it's own in case I can't figure a way to rig it up or if my rig job fails.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
another suggestion I have is if theres wiggle room in there still, make a little gasket out of some of those thin foam sheets that you can get at a crafts store, other then that your golden

1 - 11 of 11 Posts