Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 12,000k+

Votes: 3 3.4%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting some HID's tonight.

I am interested to know what HID rating you guys all have.

Also, what (in your experiance) is the best temp. to have?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
I have 10k in my fogs and headlights. Hate to say this but people are gonna come on here telling u not to buy any without projectors so do what u want. just warning you. I like my blue ones

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already have projectors man haha

right now they just have halogen bulbs in them though and they are sucking!

lemme ask you this...you said you have 10,000k lights. Is the light output better than say a halogen? I head the higher up you go in the "k" scale, the worse light output there is. Now is this the case? How do your 10,000k's compare to stock halogens?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I have 8000K.. I love them. Not to BLue or dark

I have a Picture Ill put up in a bit

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WUGcatsvt...are your fogs just the stock bulb type? Or have you installed yellow bulbs in them. Sorry, i'm just trying to get a color comparison so I can figure out what color HID i want to get.

thanks for the help!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Its the Ebay Yellow Fogs... With Stock bulbs. Im about to get Nokya Yellow Bulbs

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
mine are actullay pretty bright. they cover the road pretty good i love them. i have pictures on here somewhere in a thread i posted.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
6k will be white, 8k starts gettin blue, above that goes from blue to purple at 12k i think, and below 6k starts goin back to yellow. just be careful where you're at. some states anything above 8k is illegal

·
Registered
117 Posts
i am also thinking abt getting some for my 08 soon... my only question is, how is the light output, i mean how bright are they on the road? i have heard they scatter the light alot. i drive mostly back roads and when my high beams are on, they are not nearly as bright as my previously owned vehicles...

·
Registered
533 Posts
i say 4300k i honestly never heard of 4700k. But if you want light output get 4300k, if you want color go 6000k and up

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
5000k - 8000k for driving lamp and 3000k for fog lamps imo

so you can compare while your out driving. most euro cars with HID are 5000k and domestic cars with HID are 8000k. they have about the same output. 5000k is pure white and 8000k is hyper white (blue tint).

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i have never been stopped with 10k and i even pull up behind cops and and also face them head on and never get stopped

·
Registered
900 Posts
x2 ^^^...i have 8k and the look alot better on the road than my dads 4300k and when i look at it it look realy yellow compared to mine...plus the light throw starts to get bad after 8k.

·
Registered
116 Posts
my self personally, running Nokya 7000K in a set of fog/driving lights i put on. Love them.

look on line at pictures of the K rating. but you will find 6-8000K's are best.

ps, thanks for having Projectors. [8D]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I have 6000k and the light output is incredible. Plus they've got the perfect factory HID look.
Very bright white with that blue HID look without being too blue.
Go with 6000k man. No higher for sure.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
my self personally, running Nokya 7000K in a set of fog/driving lights i put on. Love them.

look on line at pictures of the K rating. but you will find 6-8000K's are best.

ps, thanks for having Projectors. [8D]
Nokya makes HIDs? Or are you talking about regular Bulds

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
i am also thinking abt getting some for my 08 soon... my only question is, how is the light output, i mean how bright are they on the road? i have heard they scatter the light alot. i drive mostly back roads and when my high beams are on, they are not nearly as bright as my previously owned vehicles...
Even a 12000k HID puts off about 2.5 times the light output of really ant halogen bulb, if I remember correctly. Also, the light is scattered from an HID in a reflector style headlight, hence the term I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen yet: No projectors? NO HIDs.

For the OP, I have 6000k. The light output is somewhere near 3x halogen, a hint of blue from an angle, otherwise a very-near-true-white light. I almost never need My highs

Here's a Kelvin Chart for reference

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
heres a chart of all the K ratings. i also have the Nokya 7000k bulbs (theyre bulbs, not HIDS). the output is way better than stock, and they still have a nice blue hue to them while not being completely ricey and annoying.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts