Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought some of the "dream team" projector+halo headlights off ebay about a year ago and just recently decided to get some HID xenons for them. got the lights and when i pulled out the bulbs from the projectors they are different. the projector bulbs are tiny tiny and the stock bulbs are pretty much standard size. ive contacted the seller several times and havent heard a word back so i guess im pretty much on my own to find out what kind of bulbs they are. however i cant find the HIDs in that size because i dont know what they are. has any1 else run into this problem and have they figured out a way to overcome it? i would really like HID lights but i refuse to let go of my projectors because i love em. help please!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What kind of projectors are they? brand? they are generally H1 bulbs, the mach a likes will need some modification to make an H1 HID bulb fit also...

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Yep they are H1 bulbs I have those healdlights. They look good I just put Silverstars in them and called it good.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but silverstars are just white. i want those annoying as hell blind the crap out of you blue tint xenons. do they make h1 xenons?

·
Registered
930 Posts
yeah but silverstars are just white. i want those annoying as hell blind the crap out of you blue tint xenons. do they make h1 xenons?
Please, PLEASE don't go the Civic-route with your lighting!
Proper HID's are NOT blue!! And I'd strongly advise against you buying a 10,000K kit for your halogen projectors...
The colour you want is from the cutoff shield...NOT the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g bulb.
We don't need anymore people going around blinding everyone and giving HID's a bad rap!
VERY rice man...very rice...

These are 4100K bulbs, in a proper HID projector, with a modified shield and clear lens swap...

If you want proper HID's, do it right! Spend some time over at HIDPlanet forums...
Then maybe you can do something like I did...

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101103

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
every1 has their personal preferance and i just like the blue headlights. around here the police aren't the greatest and if you have blue tint on your lense cover they will write you a ticket. they cant do anything however if it is the bulb. call it rice if you want but for the most part around here the ricers dont have them. its mostly just the cars that are pimped out like crazy. cars that are all show no go kinda deal. lota bling bling but all stock under the hood.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Those lights u have actually had a option from another company i think, to come with HID's already installed in them...

·
Registered
930 Posts
every1 has their personal preferance and i just like the blue headlights. around here the police aren't the greatest and if you have blue tint on your lense cover they will write you a ticket. they cant do anything however if it is the bulb. call it rice if you want but for the most part around here the ricers dont have them. its mostly just the cars that are pimped out like crazy. cars that are all show no go kinda deal. lota bling bling but all stock under the hood.
I'm just trying to say, you don't need blue tint or blue bulbs to have a proper blue output...
And they are totally functional and in every respect, totally legal...
Why anyone would want anything else is beyond me! [bash] [shameful]

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whether they are rice or not is beside the point. to your knowledge the bulbs in the projectors i have are h1 right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts