Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nightvision 35watt 6000k hid's in mine and i had to do a relay and they work fine i dont know about the canbus ballast thing though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know what you guys mean....Jdog the lights arent bright at all because mine are tinted and even before the tint they werent bright at all nobody complained and i checked them with some of my friends to see if it was blinding so i dont beleive that and cappa i dont know what you mean putting hid's in a car is not making it ricy lol they look good.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ran hids for 3yrs in an explorer, never had a problem, never got pulled over, never got the finger from anyone. Was my explorer a ricer?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran hids for 3yrs in an explorer, never had a problem, never got pulled over, never got the finger from anyone. Was my explorer a ricer?
thank you i dont know about other cars but the new focus is fine with hid's in the stock halogen housing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hey neekit, do you have a thread on how you hooked up you hids? In my Explorer I didn't use a relay so I don't know how that works

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry no i dont have a thread on it and i cant even explain it because my brother did it for me all i know is that the wouldnt take the new hid's so he did a relay.....but i also saw that one person got canbus ballast and it worked for them other than that i can help you sorry.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is not that they are bright. It is the fact they HID are already directed light where the halogen bulb isn't. Halogen housing are designed to direct the scattered light. So basically you are scattering the HID directed light in all directions. It isn't the fact it looks ricey or dumb. I do like HID's that are correctly done. For example don't use a halogen housing or extreme color temperature. I am just trying to educate but you probably think I am talking out of my ass and have no idea what i am talking about

·
Registered
283 Posts
And HID's in reflector housings are illegal.

Just another thing to give the cops a reason to pull you over, not to mention what could happen if you got into an accident and someone like me was smart enough to notice illegal lights.

"Your honour, I was temporarily blinded/distracted by the lights in that car that I hit. I just couldn't see perfectly and I hit him" True or not, doesn't matter, I win and you pay for my new car. [woot]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey does your brother know anything about the error code eliminator? I have a ddm tuning hid kit and need a resolution to trick the computer to accept my 35watt 6000k. I understand i could use a relay but I would prefer to have the power source come from my original headlight housing. I purchased the "error code eliminator" yesterday hoping this is going to fix this problem

·
Registered
266 Posts
And HID's in reflector housings are illegal.

Just another thing to give the cops a reason to pull you over, not to mention what could happen if you got into an accident and someone like me was smart enough to notice illegal lights.

"Your honour, I was temporarily blinded/distracted by the lights in that car that I hit. I just couldn't see perfectly and I hit him" True or not, doesn't matter, I win and you pay for my new car. [woot]

Your my new friend.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is not that they are bright. It is the fact they HID are already directed light where the halogen bulb isn't. Halogen housing are designed to direct the scattered light. So basically you are scattering the HID directed light in all directions. It isn't the fact it looks ricey or dumb. I do like HID's that are correctly done. For example don't use a halogen housing or extreme color temperature. I am just trying to educate but you probably think I am talking out of my ass and have no idea what i am talking about
Thank you for the information and i dont believe your just pulling out of your ass but i just didnt know what you guys meant by it looking ricy and too bright but i get it now thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey does your brother know anything about the error code eliminator? I have a ddm tuning hid kit and need a resolution to trick the computer to accept my 35watt 6000k. I understand i could use a relay but I would prefer to have the power source come from my original headlight housing. I purchased the "error code eliminator" yesterday hoping this is going to fix this problem
Well i dont think he would and i couldnt ask him hes at college but i think if you look around you will probably find something google is always a big help for everything.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Fact there are trolls on this website for HIDs in factory lights... Glad they work good for you cant wait to put them in mine. got 6000k 55w for my lows 3k for my fogs

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I've heard from several people that the upper cut off on newer cars is so aggressive that HID's in reflector housings arent that bad for the glare any more.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts