Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ever since it got cold, my drivers side headlight won't always turn on. I think it's something with the ballast because if I flick them off and on a few times it usually turns on and once the car is warmed up it seems to work much better. Any idea's? This is my first set of HID's so I'm pretty lost, also, they are some of the Ebay kit ones if that makes any difference, the right side works perfectly.

Thanks

Nick

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
How long have you had them? Do your HID's have a lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
sounds like you may have an issue in your wiring, or a ballast is on its way out. like lildisco has said, what is the warranty on them? sounds like it may need replaced.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm, had them around 4 month. I'll check on the warranty, hopefully they have them.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Not sure where u got ur HID's from, but a lot of stores sell an optional kit for the wiring harness. It's supposed to help with that problem, i've seen em for like 25 bucks....

Here's the website i got mine from, the harness is at the bottom.. Hope this helps[thumb]

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure where u got ur HID's from, but a lot of stores sell an optional kit for the wiring harness. It's supposed to help with that problem, i've seen em for like 25 bucks....

Here's the website i got mine from, the harness is at the bottom.. Hope this helps[thumb]

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html
Thanks! That sounds alot like what I have going on. I think I'll order that tommorow

·
Registered
900 Posts
this is kind of off topic but when you turn on your HID's and listen to the radio do you get some static?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
well same thing happened to my friends corolla, so it should be the ballast. just check with the warranty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts