Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 35W 6000k low beams on my focus and I was just wondering if anyone knows if there would be a noticeable difference if I bought 55W 6000K bulbs/ballasts and replaced the 35's.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
not as much as getting proper hid projectors retrofitted. i have heard 55w can burn the bowls of cheap projectors.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
On high end projectors yes. Ebay low end no. ^^heat+poor quality=melt and worse case fire and or electronic fire

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Wouldn't trust them. But I think u can swap projetors in them to handle the 50w. Take measurements of the projector and mounting pattern and contact theretrofitsource.com they might have something to fit in there that will handle ur requirements

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thnx for the info. Also, if I were to purchase 50 watt ballasts do I need new bulbs or can i use the ones I've got now

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The place I mentioned above have topnotch products and carry a 50w ballast and 50w bulbs to handle the extra boost. Read there descriptions they will clue u in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
about HIDS

so i bought conversion kit and installed it everything works lovely except that the bulbs are HID low and Halogen HI i bought new bulbs that are HID low/hi and it came with a control box with instructions. I followed them and plugged everything in turn on my lights and HIGH BEAMs are on and stay on my lows wont come on i messed with it for 30 mins and couldnt figure it out.... took it to BEST BUY and they also couldnt figure it out we got them to flicker low once but they didnt stay on.. is there a bulb sensor in the car that would keep high beams on. im kinda stuck here i have head lights in now HID lows. halogen highs but would like to put my new $50.00 bulbs in lol if i cant figure it out by the end of the week i may ship them back but would love to have them..

please help if you can all input is welcome

thannks

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
^^ the problem is hard to find with aftermarket hid kits cause they aren't factory and not everyone is using the same kit. You know that that hi/low.kit just moves back and forth in the reflector and brightnes doesn't change just reflects different

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Reread ur story lol. When the highbeams are on the lows turn off. U can't run both at the same time without the mach/st170 hack mod.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Also if ur running ebay headlight some are wired backwards they have the halogen as a lowbeam and a projector for a high so pics would help

·
Registered
220 Posts
theretrofitsource.com

^^ i THINK.

demented referred me, great site if you're looking to do things yourself, i ended up buying some machs and just sanding them to perfection

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
TRS is a REALLY good website. I currently have 55w 6000k kit in my anzo projectors and the output is CRAP but is brighter than hell. When driving side-by-side with a car with factory HID, mine are noticeably brighter (and not just in the hot spot areas). But, once i actually have money, there with be FX-R 2.0 projectors with 6000k/50w ballasts in these beasts. I can vouch that projectors are the way to go.

Ive heard on some headlights you'll want to swap the headlight covers from the stock ones as well. At least thats how it is on anzo's... The covers distort the light because of how they were molded together and maybe because of the cheap plastic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
so i called there customer service and they said he harness they sent was wired wrong so i get to play electrician this weekend

·
Registered
25 Posts
sorry its been a while but i have got them in now had to switch some wires around for the kensun hi/low hid more cons than pros with them thinking about going back to low hid halo highs but if anyone buys hid hi low head lights from kensun and need the wiring configuration i figured it out im in the process of making a photo bucket for pictures! to help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts