Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Just wondering what all of you think about the SVT HID headlights. I currently have the standard lights on my car now, but I miss driving with xenons/HID's (the last car I drove had xenons).

Is it worth it to buy new headlights? Or is the difference so small that's it's not worth it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes sir is a good diference, I have HID projectors with Halos and pointers individually with switches all in the same headlight "Angel Eyes" ... Search in ebay : )

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
The SVT HID headlights are awesome.. They are called MACHs... They are expensive but a great edition

·
Registered
385 Posts
Where did you buy yours from off of ebay? What seller? And do you get the whole headlight casing when you buy the halos?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
PMed

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i love my machs so much!! even in my avatar haha

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to "Exterior Body & Lighting Chat".
And, another very satisfied SVT-HID option owner. [;)]
Yes, the are very nice and the difference is huge.

BTW, they were'nt referred to as "Mach" headlights on the SVT.
Just "HID Headlamps" in the optional equipment box.
It was the 2002 "Mach Audio ZTS" option that coined that term for the lights.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i sold mine and ended up finding another pair(for $150![woot])

had to go back to them. they are superior to all other focus lighting

i upgraded them to a 55w ballast and painted the chrome inside Pitch Black.

they are in fact sitting on my bench as we speak with the silicone drying for when i re-sealed them. i should have them on the car as soon as the LaminX comes in. i cant wait

·
Registered
627 Posts
i just purchased a kit called zantax any try them out? i have halo projectors also

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
where do you guys find them. i need new headlights mine are really old. any help. thanks.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Most of us (myself included) either got them on the car (option) when we bought it,
or, EAP (European Appearance Package) optioned cars also had them from the factory.
Otherwise, it's $$$ from Ford, or do the mega search for used ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I paid $650+ tax for one from Ford Dealer. Make sure It isnt broken inside. It took three tries before they recieved one that was not damaged. Because they will try not to take it back.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i love my mach's! save yourself a few hundred dollars by getting some mach look alikes off ebay and buying some hid lights to stick in them. but there is nothing quite like the real thing.

·
Registered
301 Posts
indeed the HID's are nice. bout to paint mine black. cant wait to see the pics scrammer!
btw, could you give me the info on your 55w upgrade? i need a tan!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was just talking with Mike (of Hilbish) a few days ago trying to find the HID kit anywhere. To our combined knowledge, they no longer exist anywhere... new. Finding used ones may be possible, or paying $700 per light fixture (L and R) without the harnesses, but if anyone is aware of legit OEM kits for sale, please let us know!
But I would concur with others, they're fantastic... after driving my girlfriend's 3-series I hate my poor little halogens (which are silverstar ultras, if that says anything... haha).

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
If you can find a set, they are some pretty good headlights, not sure if the price is justified, but thats up to you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts