Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I knew a few people on here are trying to Change over to HID... I Tore into mine this Week and got the Fogs Running Perfect but do to the FOCUS ECU controlling the Car and all the new Fancy Features i was getting the ""Bulb Fault"" on the Dash LCD display Well here is your FIX!! and its PLUG & Play no cutting the Factory Harness...[drinking]

http://hidpalace.com/HID-WIRING-HARNESS/c25/p177/Canceller-Cable/product_info.html

HOPE THIS helps Everyone! Been getting NON-Stop comments on the New Look of the Front end at Night![clap]

Link to Pic... Will get better ones Later.. Sorry.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Post back in a few months, I want to change over to hids but I remember a member who melted his housing with a brighter bulb

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not to mention HIDs in reflector housings are BLINDING to oncoming traffic. They're only designed to be used in projector-style headlights.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
This isn't a discussion about the moral fiber of installing HID in non-projector housings. That discussion can be had in one of the billion threads on the subject on this site.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Post back in a few months, I want to change over to hids but I remember a member who melted his housing with a brighter bulb
I think he was running a 65 Watt Halogen bulb. HID's actually run cooler than Halogen bulbs. HID's are much more efficient at producing light than Halogens. A standard HID kit only runs at 35 Watts vs 55 Watts for Halogens.

Since I provided constructive input to this thread I'm also going to express how much I despise HID's in reflectors designed for Halogen bulbs.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile

I disagree ...... I put HID in my last two cars that had reflectors. I used 6000K and adjusted my beam perfect. Never ever got flashed at night because of my lights. Adjustment is key. Just saying
The guys that put 9000K in and do no adjustments. Shame on them!!! Lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
I knew a few people on here are trying to Change over to HID... I Tore into mine this Week and got the Fogs Running Perfect but do to the FOCUS ECU controlling the Car and all the new Fancy Features i was getting the ""Bulb Fault"" on the Dash LCD display Well here is your FIX!! and its PLUG & Play no cutting the Factory Harness...[drinking]

http://hidpalace.com/HID-WIRING-HARNESS/c25/p177/Canceller-Cable/product_info.html

HOPE THIS helps Everyone! Been getting NON-Stop comments on the New Look of the Front end at Night![clap]

Link to Pic... Will get better ones Later.. Sorry.
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...8741721200_20914531_47735528_1012119675_n.jpg

Thanks for the link, I have installed a quite a few HID kits in other vehicles like the new toyota camry, and always seem to have the flicker or fail to start syndrome.[cool]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile

I disagree ...... I put HID in my last two cars that had reflectors. I used 6000K and adjusted my beam perfect. Never ever got flashed at night because of my lights. Adjustment is key. Just saying
The guys that put 9000K in and do no adjustments. Shame on them!!! Lol
Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Why would 9000K be any different than 6000K?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he was running a 65 Watt Halogen bulb. HID's actually run cooler than Halogen bulbs. HID's are much more efficient at producing light than Halogens. A standard HID kit only runs at 35 Watts vs 55 Watts for Halogens.

Since I provided constructive input to this thread I'm also going to express how much I despise HID's in reflectors designed for Halogen bulbs.
This Is exactly Correct and Why the Car Wont Allow you to Use a Direct HID replacement Kit... Car Needs to Read 55W not the 35W that the HID uses.. and Im Running the 8K's, Ran the Lights for a 4 hr road trip and felt the lens... Nothing to Bad.. But there are Warm to the touch... But to Each their own. I think its a Nice look. and i did adjust them slightly but i dont feel it was needed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think that if you look up the specs the higher the K value the whiter the appearance, however you will loose the amount of light and shorten the bulb life.

Apparently 4300 to 5000 K is the best overall to give you the most amount of light and bulb life. I think factory HID's stay around the 4300K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Posted via FF Mobile
Can u post part #s and brand u used. Thanks
I Dont Have the Part Number and there is 15 HID companys out.. But the ones in Picture and Used are ,,,,,, Xentec 8,000K - (H11's) - 2 sets (fogs and Mains use the same bulbs) and you will Need the the Part in my Link to allow the car to run em....

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think that if you look up the specs the higher the K value the whiter the appearance, however you will loose the amount of light and shorten the bulb life.

Apparently 4300 to 5000 K is the best overall to give you the most amount of light and bulb life. I think factory HID's stay around the 4300K.
Its the other way around, 4300-6000ish is considered "White" then you start getting into blue, purple, redish/pinkish. But you are 100% correct about light output.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Huh? Makes a big difference. Put a 9000k in a reflector next to a 6000K

Posted via FF Mobile
You made it sound like 9000K were brighter than 6000K.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile
Nope, just in a reflector housing it's blinding. My friend and I both had 03 Dubs. He did 9K, I did 6K. We adjusted them both at the same time behind a store on the wall. His was blinding compared to mine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile
Nope, just in a reflector housing it's blinding. My friend and I both had 03 Dubs. He did 9K, I did 6K. We adjusted them both at the same time behind a store on the wall. His was blinding compared to mine.
Funny, because the 9000K emit less viable light then the 6000K's.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.