Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a real quick question, does everyone with OEM HID's have different bulbs? I Think mine are Phillips and Xenarc, is everyone here's the same way? Also, my bulbs are now different colors. My passenger side is more like a sky blue, while my driver is more torward white with the purple surround. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
it's possible that one of the bulbs is angled differently. depending on how the bulbs reflect off of the magnifying glass (projector) will determine the color.

someone back me up on this..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
when you look directly at the car or off a mirror or something that will reflect the image of the headlights, you will see two colors if the headlights are aimed properly (one aiming up a little more than the other (passenger side up drivers side down) because of the aiming you will get two different colors...if you get two different colors when you aim them the same height that means one is probably a different rating bulb, the factory i beleive is 4200k that produces a whitish color light anything higher will go onto a blue color light and higher than that will be a purple color output

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
H&Rzx3 said:
it's possible that one of the bulbs is angled differently. depending on how the bulbs reflect off of the magnifying glass (projector) will determine the color.

someone back me up on this..
I believe the Temprature Rating of the bulb deturmines Color.....
As I've seen on various websites....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Well, the rating determines the color, but it can vary a little depending on how close the bulb is to the shutter.

I believe the HID's are supposed to be aimed at the same height. I never messed with mine and both beams are at the same level. They do have a cutoff where the light is blocked, then shoots up to the right about midbeam. Perhaps because of how the light shines leads one to believe that the passenger side is aimed higher, but it isn't.

Kinda looks like this when on a wall:

-------/-------/

Wish I had a picture of it, but I can see the cutoff on the road too (so it's pretty distinct).

I know that the majority of me getting flashed is either on a slight right handed curve or if I'm going over a hill. I really can't do much about it without either removing the HID's (yeah right) or by aiming them down a bit (they are set to what they should be, so nope I'm not going to).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
With mine, they start off with a real deep bluish tint... then as they warm up the blue fades a bit... but still at an angle they look bluish.. and yes the passanger side should be aimed a bit higher than the drivers side, thats how they come from factory.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
When you mentioned the 2 different bulb brands... does that one bulb might be newer? if so then thats why one look different. One might be a different color temp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts