Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New here and found this sight, so hoping someone can help. I have a 2003 2.0 L hatchback. I cannot see at night with the stock lights. So when my left low beam burnt I went for HID. Now i can get the left side to work in HID. The right just intially flickers then nothing. It does work when there's a 9003 bulb back in it. I do not have a fog light on that side . Also I have swapped the ballast and hid bulbs they work on the driver side only.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Your probably not going to like this answer but if you using the stock headlights, you should not be using HID bulbs. The only safe way to run HID's is in projector headlights.

There are LED bulbs made now that will work in stock headlights that are not only safe to use on public roads but are also plug and play without all the ballast and igniter fun. My advice would be to return the ones you have and get yourself a good set of LED's or upgrade halogen bulbs. Or heck with it, get a whole new set of quality projector headlights.

You'll thank me later. [hihi]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't use hids OR leds in reflector housing... Don't be that guy. Get new halogen bulbs and resurface your lenses if they are foggy, or get projector housings w/ led bulbs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts