Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I am having a couple problems with my HID's. First thing... I bought a combination HID/Projector headlight assembly from here... http://www.protuninglab.com/hid-pro-yd-ff00-hl-c.html. I have them installed and i love them except for sometimes the first start up of the day they will both come on, then one of them will go out, but then if i switch the lights off then on again they will both stay on and seem fine. from researching this topic a bit i have found out that I may need a relay because there is not enough power in the stock wiring harness to keep them both lighted at the same time??? but i am confused because they will both stay on after that off/on switch. Second thing... I took a look at the wires that are coming off of the back of the new headlight housing and bulb and there is a little tag that says H1(I take it that that means the new HID bulbs are H1 size) and the stock harness off the focus is a 9003 bulb size. So i guess when i order a HID relay, should I buy one for a 9003 bulb, or a H1 bulb? sorry if this is kind of confusing to read but i dont know how else to explain it. thank you for all your help

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
U might need a relay for that problem but its common on cars. I have had my hids do that before. ONce they come on and stay on then ur good. Shouldnt really be a big problem so if u want the relay harness then get it. Now when/if u order it ur going to be asking for the h1 since thats what ur bulbs are and if im not mistaken i think 9003 and h1 are the same, could be wrong.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot, that helps! Will it be bad on my stock harnesses and wires if i choose not to get a relay? i have looked around and read that it is really hard on my stock wires and harness if i am trying to power something that it normally cannot handle, and cause problems down the road... Thanks again

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
I really dont think it will mess up your stock harness. I have had hids in my car for a few years now and everything is still good. U can get the harness if it makes u feel safer. just know theres the option of u dont have to get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts